Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Vote_lcap2100%Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Vote_lcap20%Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Vote_lcap20%Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Vote_lcap2Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway I_voting_barPoor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Vote_lcap2Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway I_voting_barPoor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway   Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:08 pm

Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway 25nintento190
Usually an achilles heel for Nintendo, it is now Cammie Dunaway that suggests the slow sales of Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars was due to poor marketing after the game was released. MTV Multiplayer interviewed her and she explained that the DS has seen games like GTA sell well but they needed to continuously market the game weeks, even months after its release because new consumers are becoming interested in the hardware all the time and if you don't market the game, they don't know about it. She also explains that this has been something that Nintendo themselves have also learned...and it shows. I've seen a lot more commercials lately from Nintendo.

Personally, I don't see why any of this is an issue to begin with. The game, albeit very slowly, has sold 810,000 copies on DS and 90,000 on PSP. That's almost a million folks! Give it a few more months and it will make it to that coveted million mark. Maybe a week or two of commercials during the holidays will put it there but really, it's time to squash this. Regardless of what people are telling you, even Cammie and MTV, the game is selling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway   Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:21 am

Id say it didnt sell well because GTA is losing its luster. You can find plenty of reports lately where Rockstar is complaining about the DLC packs not selling, and I personally thought GTA on the DS was a shitty game.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway   Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:07 am

I find the game to be good, but not quite as good as I hoped. Haven't beat it yet and it doesn't grab me like great games do to keep me playing. I think it's doing nicely in the sales department and I'll still be happy when it crosses the million mark. Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_idea
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway   Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:10 pm

I never liked any of these poor excuses for games, useless violence and swearing. (though don't get me wrong I like violence and swearing (in ample proportions!)) But the lack of creativity in these games leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and apparently even the fans of the series are getting sick of its redundant tendencies...
Back to top Go down
Shortie861
Super Mario
Super Mario
Shortie861

Number of posts : 48
Coins : 81

PostSubject: Re: Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway   Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:01 am

To be honest with you I can play most games but this game I just couldn't play, to me it was a really bad version of Saints Row, could never get on with the camera angle on the game or anything so it's no suprising it didn't do too well on the DS if it isn't all that great on a console such as Xbox. However a business or game maker will blame it on marketing rather than the actual game itself not being interesting or as great as they made it out to be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chat-addicts.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway   Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:35 am

Yes, no matter how good the marketing is, a shitty game is a shitty game. Toss this one in the pile of crap with Imagine Babyz. :3
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway   Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:24 am

I imagine Imagine Babyz is probably better
Back to top Go down
Shortie861
Super Mario
Super Mario
Shortie861

Number of posts : 48
Coins : 81

PostSubject: Re: Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway   Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:58 am

I don't know I actually tried Imagine Babies and as much as it may be a little better than GTA it's still not that great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chat-addicts.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway   Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Poor marketing hurt GTA: Chinatown Wars says Dunaway
Page 1 of 1