Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Castlevania Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Castlevania Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Castlevania Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Castlevania Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Castlevania Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Castlevania Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Castlevania Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Castlevania Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Castlevania Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Castlevania Vote_lcap2100%Castlevania Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Castlevania Vote_lcap20%Castlevania Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Castlevania Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Castlevania Vote_lcap2Castlevania I_voting_barCastlevania Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Castlevania

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nintendo Furniture
Moogle
Moogle
Nintendo Furniture

Number of posts : 1087
Coins : 270

Castlevania Empty
PostSubject: Castlevania   Castlevania Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:09 pm

Finally I remember about saying something about this game. A horror game and side scrolling for this one which I have no idea what I'm talking about. Alright here goes: His name is Simon Belmont and his objective goal is to defeat Dracula from ruling the darkness. The enemys are.......no wait.........the monsters are looking bad a** as usual. There are some bosses like Gaint Bat, Gaint Medusa Head (not an actual Medusa yet), the 2 Mummies, the Frankenstein & a monkey like creature, Death (how in the world did Dracula own him?!), and Dracula himself. 2 forms does Dracula has, himself which is hard but too hard if you know the right strategy, and an ugly bat a**es form which is normal-hard difficulty. Death is a pain in the a** because there would be no way to beat him at all if you get very lucky by your sheer ways. The only way to beat him is when he appears on the screen, quickly and I mean quickly use lots of Holy Water on him and he will be defeated in no time. The Frankenstein & monkey like creature are also hard to beat if you know the right moves from them. The rest are all too easy to beat. The stages are fun, but stages 4 and 6 (not 5 because the Medusas with Armor Knight are quite easy to avoid if you know the right strategy moves) are the hardest to reach yet because 1. in stage 4 the caves are pain in the a** from the bats and mermans. And 2. in stage 6 alot of Gaint Bats in your way and fleemans with Vultures are in the way as well to kick your a**. Sometimes the health is good if you know where to find one and the high scores are not much to remember but the sub weapons are okay-good. My favorites sub weapon is Holy Water and Cross. Overall this game is fantastic, but why does it have to be so f**king hard? Why can't all games be a little easier? MMMMM okay maybe half of it but it's still hard for me to beat them everything I had to found the right moves to take them out! Castlevania Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

Castlevania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castlevania   Castlevania Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:37 pm

I played this game to death as a kid and it's stuck in my head permanently so I had little trouble beating it 2 weeks ago during the marathon. In the credits Simon Belmont was referred to as Simon Belmondo (what happened there?). The monkey you refer to with Frankenstein is supposed to be Igor I think. My approach to Death is to wait on the middle platform a little to the left of the middle so the sickles form in a certain way. When they form I quickly jump on the high left ledge and start throwing crosses. Most of the time I can just sit there doing that and whip any sickles that make it through the cross fire.

This game is ok, not my favorite in the franchise. Someone in the chat during the marathon wondered how I was able to beat this so easily and couldn't beat Castlevania 3. Well, I've only beaten 3 once, but this at least 30 times, so this one seems much easier to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

Castlevania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castlevania   Castlevania Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:16 am

This was the easiest in the series for me as well. 3 I barely played because, well, it was near the end of the NES era and a certain blue blur was taking up quite a bit of my time. This was, what, '91-92? Regardless, this first iteration had amazing music, bad ass level design, and no stupid map dungeon BS like in Symphony of The Night. I loved SoTN, but I am not a big Metroid fan (sorry Streex!) and in any case didn't enjoy not knowing where the hell I was all the time. My lousy memory is to blame.

To clarify: I like Metroid, but its pretty low on my awesome/favorite franchise list.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

Castlevania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castlevania   Castlevania Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Not like Metroid? Grrrrr......

There's a certain 'Mother' that would like to speak to you.

The late arrival of Castlevania 3 was my problem as well for not being too experienced in it. I do understand what you mean though with getting lost. I prefer the Castlevania games that require you to go from point a to point b like this first Castlevania. But some of them are too good (Circle of the Moon, Simon's Quest) that I don't mind getting lost from time to time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Sponsored content

Castlevania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castlevania   Castlevania Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Castlevania
Page 1 of 1