Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
A Nintendo Phone Vote_lcap2100%A Nintendo Phone Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
A Nintendo Phone Vote_lcap20%A Nintendo Phone Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
A Nintendo Phone Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
A Nintendo Phone Vote_lcap2A Nintendo Phone I_voting_barA Nintendo Phone Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
A Nintendo Phone Vote_lcap2A Nintendo Phone I_voting_barA Nintendo Phone Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

A Nintendo Phone

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:38 am

It's pretty safe to say that the 3DS won't have any phone features but I wonder what the industry would be like if it did. Surely it wouldn't be like the N-Gage, with its humorous taco shell design and awkward cartridge slot that required you to take out the battery just to put in a new game. A Nintendo phone would be awesome and if it ever happened that would be one less Sony product that I would purchase. Very Happy

It would be great because it would probably force Nintendo to add 3G or 4G, which I would have liked for the 3DS. I would be totally on board if a redesign of the 3DS two years from now had the inclusion of a phone service.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Dear god why Streex... LOL
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:00 pm

gotta say that the Iphone is pretty awesome for gaming...
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:24 pm

You think so? I haven't really found a worthwhile GAME. sure, some interesting puzzlers and the occasional port of a Sonic or Mega Man, but... Not enough to want AT & T's godawful service EVER again.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:23 pm

AT&T service has been good to me. I think however if Nintendo did partner with a phone company it wouldn't be them. Maybe they would revive the canned deal with Nokia, or maybe even Verizon.

I've had a run through several games on my wife's iPhone and while some are pretty good, I'll agree they don't compare to the best the DS has to offer.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:59 pm

Game Dev Story is an awesome indy game that is rising the ranks.

WSOP Texas hold em Poker
Modern Warfare 2
Final Fantasy 1 and 2...

all better on the iphone than DS. Shit I probably spent more time with the 99 cent Angry Birds and Cut the Rope than I have on any DS game is the last few years.

While true many games are shit on the iphone there are plenty that are far superior to thier DS cousins.

(Cant wait to get Final Fantasy Tactics on my iphone next month)
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:11 am

Well... FF 1 and 2 aren't even on the DS, so there's that. And how a Poker game could be better or worse on an iphone rather than a DS, well, I don't think it matters enough to point out. Seems like you're just looking for a way to slam the DS. All the while disregarding games (on the DS) that are 100% more interesting than any ports of games people have already played or one indie game that probably isnt as good as people say it is.

All in all I'd say it has nothing to offer me, none of the examples you gave me are very worthwhile sounding.

Of course, I will have to hide under the lame banner of different strokes for different folks since neither of us care about the other's opinion. Wink
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:26 am

I could throw the same card out there that you are just looking to slam the iphone Cool

Im not denouncing the DS library, there are a ton of great games for it. Im just saying that there are fun games on the iphone than can more than measure up to the DS quality (with better graphics and way cheaper price points.)

and your right about Final fantasy I forgot only 1 and 2 were on psp.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:37 am

So yer saying that 1 & 2 are better on iPhone than PSP? I'd believe it. Were those graphical remakes, or sprite ones like the gba/psx versions?

Currently I hold one GIANT grudge against the iPhone and that is its insistance on using AT&T. I have had their service, it was terrible. Outages, poor customer service, poor installation. You name it, we had problems. Our land line had reception problems- even after I replaced everything (literally) on my end.

I do not doubt the iPhone has some good stuff but until whatever company (verizon I think?) gets that new iPhone 4 I just don't need it.

Not to mention, you say cheaper price points but you are disregarding the monthly fee you are paying in order for the phone to download said games. DS is cheaper in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:18 pm

You forget that you dont need to have a monthly fee to dl any of the games of the istore. You can play them on any ipod touch or ipad. You can very easily have a cheaper library on the iphone/itouch when you consider that there are $30 games with better graphics (and shittier controls) that you can get for $3, same titles as thier psp / DS / XBOX live / PSN cousins.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:37 pm

Oh. I didn't know you could download games without a service plan. I have never had a cell phone, honestly, so I was in the dark there.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Off topic: how do you live sans cell phone?
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:37 am

Well- I'm online all day anyhow. Even if we are not speaking on the phone, you can msg me online.

Its just a matter of principle. I don't like the idea of being called at someone else's discretion, or should I say the temptation of wanting to answer it instantly instead of checking my msgs once I return home.

Truth be told: I dont want to hear your voice, I dont wanna chat about your day. LOL ;D

Oh and not having a $$$ costly cell phone bill lets me buy lots more games and
Spoiler:
when I want it. :O
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:38 am

Supposed to say pot.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:32 am

LOL ZeldAnTales..it does. The spoiler around here works weird. On my end in Firefox, if I click the word spoiler the word 'pot' appears. Click it again and it disappears. The way I've seen it work just about everywhere else is by dragging across the line to see what is there. Dragging here does not reveal the spoiler. Try clicking spoiler and see if the 'secret word of the day' appears. Laughing

I was going to point out that FF 1 and 2 are on GBA, but Z beat me to it. A card game is a card game, and Modern Warfare 2 isn't on DS, unless you are talking about Mobilized, which is getting very high scores on the DS. Triz, show me some examples of ports that are scoring higher than DS titles. If you do that might prompt me to get off my cheeks to post some DS titles that score better than the iPhone ports.

I'll start with my own, somewhat unfair comparison. Sonic the Hedgehog 4. Built for the iPhone, ported to the consoles. Not only is it scoring lower on the iPhone than all available versions, but the Wii version is on top of the heap, even the HD versions. I say somewhat unfair comparison because we're comparing a handheld game to a console game. The 'somewhat' part is because it was built for the iPhone in the first place. You are right when you say you can download games without a cell contract. However, many of these games you can get on your iPhone/iPod don't translate well to the iPad. They weren't built to look that well on a larger screen. For graphic whores it's best to get the iPad version for the iPad, if it's available.

ZeldAnTales...I'm going through Spirit Tracks right now and I noticed Tingle sitting on a shelf in one of the early shops. I bet you noticed it too!
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:01 am

... Ooops/ :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Nintendo Phone Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nintendo Phone   A Nintendo Phone Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A Nintendo Phone
Page 1 of 1