Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » Memory Card
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
    Poll
    Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
    I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Vote_lcap2100%Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Vote_rcap2
     100% [ 5 ]
    Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Vote_lcap20%Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Vote_rcap2
     0% [ 0 ]
    Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Vote_lcap20%Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Vote_rcap2
     0% [ 0 ]
    Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
     0% [ 0 ]
    Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
     0% [ 0 ]
    Total Votes : 5
    Facebook
    Ninfest on Facebook
    Gallery
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Empty
    Top posters
    Streex (4373)
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Vote_lcap2Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem I_voting_barEternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Vote_rcap2 
    ZeldAnTales (2909)
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Vote_lcap2Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem I_voting_barEternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Vote_rcap2 
    Antilles (1555)
    Nintendo Furniture (1087)
    Triz (1086)
    Matthew999 (341)
    Lier X Agerate (129)
    WildCard (115)
    ShagTheTruth (114)
    Incognito (71)
    April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    CalendarCalendar

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Go down 
    4 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Nintendo Furniture
    Moogle
    Moogle
    Nintendo Furniture

Number of posts : 1087
    Coins : 270

PostSubject: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem   Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:06 pm

Before the game begins, Edgar Allen Poe says about darkness poem. The plot is about a heroine name Alexandra Rovias. One night, she a dream or a nightmare of monsters that are like a skeletons. A zombie skeletons that is. When you begin the game, you had a shotgun to begin with. The shoot at the zombie for a temporary moment. When your shotgun shells are empty, you are headed to the door for the cutscene. After the dream is over, then she wakes up and got a called by the inspector. The inspector want her to come to Rhode Island and talked about her grandfather Edward Rovias. When she arrive to Rhode Island and to her grandfather's mansion, she talks to inspector to tell her what happen to her grandfather. The inspector said that he died by a monster that is unknown at first. She wanted to know who killed her grandfather. The inspector had no idea who killed her grandfather. The only way Alexandra has to do is to investigate about her grandfather's death. To open the door that leads to a secret passage, she must solved a puzzle about the clock in the middle of the mansion. Once you do, a passage will open. And you will see her grandfather's secret room and a book called "Tome of Eternal Darkness" and see where it all begans.

Thanks to my brother Ian Behrends for the plot and the story!

I thank my brother to type this down and knows more about this than I do! Anyway I will stop it here because I do not want to spoil the rest for you guys to know everything about this.

I will however tell you about the other stuff about this game. The characters are great to listen, the musics are very creepy but a nice fit to listen, the gameplay is actually good, but also stiff as well, the enemies are fantastic, bosses are very cool to look at. The final boss is actually hard at first until he is....weak boss like.......a bit lame.

Overall this game is one of the most classic title that has ever lived to it's name.

Before I finish this post, there are 4 runes to find. Ulyaoth, Xel'lotath, Chattur'gha, and Mantorok. Mantorok is a secret rune to find in one of the chapters that you do. Ulyaoth, Xel'lotath, and Chattur'gha will be one of the 3 that you will have to choose from in the beginning of a chapter that you have to pick yourself that suits better for you maybe. Yes they will have a different enemies that are colored and different boss from the runes that you choose for a same & different ending from those 3 runes.

Hope that helps you all to figure this out by yourself.
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
    Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem   Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:00 pm

I think I can safely say your words helped no one. Razz Quit using Babblefish to translate your insanity speak! LOL

This game is what turned me on to survival horror gamses. My brother Ian had always been a Resident Evil fan, but I never tried it much until after I played this one.

All the crazy effects, the frozen screens, the howling and moaning... Echoes... all masterfully done by Silicon Knights. Who then went on to make Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes which I own but never got further than THE CREDITS because I suck that bad.
    Back to top Go down
    Streex
    Admin
    Streex

Number of posts : 4373
    Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem   Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:33 am

Now that I think of it, this probably turned me on to survival horror also. The sad part is that I knew going into the game that it messes with your head. I was like, naw, it won't fool me. And then it happened. The screen went black, like the TV turned itself off. I sat there for a moment and thought 'what the..'. Got up and went to turn the TV on again and then the screen came back up. I laughed at myself.

The surround sound in this game is some of the best I've ever experienced. I truly felt encompassed by the chants. The control was a bit stiff which sucked when a skeleton was about to jump on you and munch on your head.

The sanity meter is the best. I'd purposely let myself go insane just to see all the crazy things that would happen. How I wish a sequel would be made.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.ninfest.com
    Nintendo Furniture
    Moogle
    Moogle
    Nintendo Furniture

Number of posts : 1087
    Coins : 270

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem   Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Now come on bro be honest! It was his first time telling people about the plot and story and this is by far the closest thing that everyone should know about it by now! Evil or Very Mad
    Back to top Go down
    Antilles
    TJ Combo
    TJ Combo
    Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
    Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem   Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:35 am

A game that stands alone in its awesomeness. I'm not saying it's the best game ever, but it masterfully accomplished what no game before or since ever could in psychological horror.
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem   Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:53 am

Totally agree! It really engrossed me and freaked me out.
    Only other game to give me that eerie feeling was RE4.
    Back to top Go down
    Antilles
    TJ Combo
    TJ Combo
    Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
    Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem   Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:02 am

RE4 is definitely the better game, surely deserving of the 10 NP gave it, but ED:SR is creepier.
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem   Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:24 am

Well, I think I played Eternal Darkness more than RE4. RE4's controls were even more clunky for me, and I suck at aiming small reticles seeing as I usually can't see them. LOL

But yeah-Darkness is much creepier, its far more psychological.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem   Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
    Page 1 of 1