Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Wii Speak Dead? Vote_lcap2100%Wii Speak Dead? Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Wii Speak Dead? Vote_lcap20%Wii Speak Dead? Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Wii Speak Dead? Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Wii Speak Dead? Vote_lcap2Wii Speak Dead? I_voting_barWii Speak Dead? Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Wii Speak Dead? Vote_lcap2Wii Speak Dead? I_voting_barWii Speak Dead? Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Wii Speak Dead?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:33 pm

Quote :
Wii Speak, Nintendo's voice chat peripheral for the Wii, may be reaching the end of its life cycle. Go Nintendo notes that the underused device is currently listed as "discontinued" on Amazon.

Furthermore, High Voltage Software's Eric Nofsinger recently spoke with Bitmob about Conduit 2 and its lack of Wii Speak support. Although the first Conduit is among the handful of games to utilize Nintendo's first-party chat solution, Nofsinger explained that for the upcoming sequel, "Nintendo told us to not use Wii Speak."

So is the Wii Speak done for? In an official statement obtained by MCV, Nintendo claims, "We're still supplying Wii Speak and it's still very much available should retail want to order it."

That's not the clearest of answers, but if Nintendo is actively telling developers not to use the device and the world's largest online retailer has apparently washed its hands of it, then the future doesn't look terribly bright for Wii Speak.

I know Streex likes to play with it, and Ive always joked that it was a useless peripheral. What say you?

Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:48 pm

I've found WiiSpeak to be pretty cool. It has some issues like voice clarity ...and the big one, support, but I know Nintendo Furniture uses his regularly. I get a WiiSpeak message from him every week.Smile I have a few games that support it but have only used it in the WiiSpeak Channel so far.

Now that there is a headset for the Wii I see WiiSpeak future support only coming from Nintendo, if that. Sounds like they have something better up their sleeve or will just give it another go next console.

My highlight with WiiSpeak was when we got 3 consoles connected in the WiiSpeak Channel with Nintendo Furniture and ZeldAnTales, with about 7 people chatting.

I wouldn't call it useless. Just needed more support.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Do you have a link to this headset? Who is it made by?
The highlight was the same for me, definitely the most I've ever used it, and utilized it as well.

I really dislike it, I think clarity is a huge issue for me. I have fiddled with it so many times and there is just no good placement because each person is in control of their own.

NF likes to keep his too fucking loud so it echoes like 60 times. Razz

A headset is tits bring it on, and about fucking time. Man I'm feisty tonight!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:55 pm

PDP Headbanger Headset for Wii

I picked up the black one with the Call of Duty logo on it since I haven't seen the white one with the Wii logo for sale yet. $25. The cord might seem sucky but for better quality it's better to have a cord, even if it means stretching it across the living room. Hopefully the 10 foot cord is enough to reach from your Wii to your couch. It also seems to have Nintendo's blessing so maybe this is Nintendo saying 'yeah, we should have done this the first time, but instead of releasing one now, you guys can do it.'

I haven't tried it yet and the only games that support it right now are Call of Duty: Black Ops and the upcoming Conduit 2. Maybe more developers will get on board this headset that didn't with WiiSpeak.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:22 am

Man, that chord is stupid... why couldn't it be wireless?!??! I'd pay double the price for god's sake.
Back to top Go down
Nintendo Furniture
Moogle
Moogle
Nintendo Furniture

Number of posts : 1087
Coins : 270

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:21 pm

Headbanger Headsets eh? ......I like it, but hate Call of Duty though.

[Edit] Cords?! Why the hell didn't you tell me that it has to be a cords?! Like my bro said why couldn't be wireless headset? Dam* cords!
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:29 pm

Mariokart patch for headset action plz?

How about Mariokart Wii 2 with headset support. COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:53 am

I wish they would do patches but I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:22 am

Of course they won't... Sometimes their conservative actions are odd.
Back to top Go down
Nintendo Furniture
Moogle
Moogle
Nintendo Furniture

Number of posts : 1087
Coins : 270

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Has anyone ever rarely use the Wii Speak anymore?! Neutral
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:21 pm

I don't which is a shame. Maybe I'll send you a WiiSpeak message today just for the sake of using it.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:39 pm

At least the Wii-U controller has a mic, which I predicted would be in the controller of the next Nintendo console. It's the only way it could get support at all. (Heck, the DS has had a mic for ages and even it gets only marginal support.) It's the age-old problem with peripherals. Generally, if it doesn't come with the system, not many are going to support it.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:22 am

Headsets on other systems sell pretty damn well... The games that use them utilize them well... Hell almost any FPS on the other consoles has headset support....

Wii Speak was a bad idea from the beginning. Overreaching idea.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Well online is a bigger component in the other systems hence the voice chat. Wii Speak was DOA with the support it got.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:43 pm

Yup. I cant tell you how many times I dreamed of (once I got Kart Wii) talking shit to my friends online... but couldn't.

Or trash talk the faggot thats cheating with unlimited stars, lulz.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:00 pm

Yes, well, that's another problem. Nintendo gets really nervous offering uncensored communication between strangers. They've eased up a bit, (who controls street pass messages?) but yeah, wii speak was at an earlier time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wii Speak Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Speak Dead?   Wii Speak Dead? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Wii Speak Dead?
Page 1 of 1