Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Vote_lcap2100%Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Vote_lcap20%Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Vote_lcap20%Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Vote_lcap2Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders I_voting_barSmash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Vote_lcap2Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders I_voting_barSmash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:42 am

Ok, everyone. Let's get our list a-goin' again. I know this is probably in a thread elsehwere, but now that is official let's get our brains churning again.

Third party contenders: Simon Belmont, Mega Man, the return of Snake and Sonic, Cloud, Leon Kennedy, Ryu, I could go on and on...

Trophies, should they be brought back? They were a little cheap... As were the Smash Balls. But customization took care of that. I say, bring them on!!!! Lots more fun!!!

What about you guys!?
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:22 pm

I hate you.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:05 pm

Before looking at 3rd party characters, I think they could expand the first party selection. I want to see Rosalina take that dress off and jump into battle in a zero suit (or birthday suit). Make Little Mac a playable character. Stuff like that.

3rd party ZeldAnTales you mentioned the characters many of us have speculated/wanted before Brawl, and I'd love to see them come around. With a new batch of franchises that can come to the Wii U, I'd love to see some of those characters make an appearance. Maybe both Ryu's (Street Fighter and Ninja Gaiden, although Hyabusa is already in DoA). I can't think of many right now. Lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:57 pm

*sigh* This isn't going to turn into Nintendo vs. Capcom, is it?
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Actually, as long as we go with Simon and Mega Man, let's bust out Dracula, Dr. Wily, and Dr. Robotnik/Eggman...

Personally, I would avoid fighting game characters. That just feels like low-hanging fruit.

I would only put Leon in if all of the characters have zombie skins. (Marvel zombies, anyone?)
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Streex- Rosalina? You fail. I think first party-wise, everyone that deserves to be playable is.
What would Mac's moveset be? "The same 3 moves" since 85! lol

As for the enemies... only one I think fitting would be Eggman. Wily and Dracula just don't do enough in the games (save being the final boss).
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Heeey. I think Rosalina would be cool. She could use weird cosmic powers or something. Maybe if you you lose too many times, the CPU takes over to win the fight for you... LOL.

Mac would be like Balrog. Just a bunch of different kinds of punches. Maybe a really good block or something. Ooh, and he saves up stars to pull off powerful uppercuts... like Wario saving up gas.

And what about Waluigi? Sure, he was invented by Camelot, but he's become a part of Nintendo. (Like Diddy.) Good for comic relief, too.

I think Wily is a possibility for DLC, but maybe not to start. Non-Nintendo characters don't get more than one guy from their respective games on their first appearance, I say.

I definitely want assist trophies and smash balls back. Sweet chaos!

How is this for a new mechanic: Characters have partner moves that they can pull off in team games only with certain other characters. Diddy could ride on DK like in DKR and shoot while DK moves around and fights. Mario and Luigi could pull shenanigans taken from their portable RPGs. Even unrelated characters, like Samus and Cpt. Falcon can pull of some kind of Bounty Hunter combo. Pokemon Trainer plus Pikachu?
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:39 pm

Ooo! Partner moves, Antilles!!! I'm loving that idea!
I like it even more if it was a separate co-op mode!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:51 pm

You know what? Over time I found that setting up 2 on 2 matches and tournaments proved more fun than 4-player FFA. (No, the game doesn't support team tournaments.) There is so much more strategy, decision-making, and fun in team matches. (Plus there's the heal ball.) I would even be on board with support for up to 8 players. (4v4, 3v3, 2v2v2v2? Wooo!) I know- that might make games too chaotic, but the right programming magic could help with that.

I think more direct support and encouragement of team formats would be just what the doctor ordered. Including, as you suggested, co-op modes, but especially co-op support in tournament mode. I've got a ton more ideas, but I'll save those for later.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:32 pm

Hey, what about Ridley as a playable character? (Yes, I know he's huge, but his size seems to vary. Bowser tends to be much bigger than he is in Smash, so he could be scaled down a little.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:32 pm

It's starting to sound like it should be called Smash Bros.: Double Smash. Mii support?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Oh, like a customizable character. Sounds fun, but may be difficult to balance.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:59 am

Now... stages!!!!

Metroid Other M had lots of cool stage design, they looked pretty cool.
I would also like to see more Zelda stages (who saw that coming?!) I liked the Boat, but ultimately the other 2 (Zelda's castle and the Eldin Bridge) were just... a little blah.

And- of course- DLC stages. I could do without the level editor, though. They didn't make it deep enough to be a worthwhile endeavor IMO. More room for other stuff if thats gone, too.

And DLC costumes!!! Nintendo, listen to us!!! We will reward you with Economic Bliss!!!!!!

In other news (thanks , Antilles, lol)- Japan's nuclear disaster has reached Chernobyl status. Wonder what that means for Ninty, if anything. Can't be healthy living in Japan right now, they are finding Nuclear residue in our rivers here in MI!
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:54 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
You can't cut out the level editor. I LOVE it! I still make stages. There's a ton of room for improvement, to be sure, and I have a lot of suggestions there, but I'm very glad they included it.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:12 am

But... the pieces had so little personality. Every stage, regardless of lay-out, had a samey quality.

Beef it up mega big time or leave it I say.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:48 pm

I know what you mean. You should see the personality my stages had, though. I did stuff that, like people with the Mii editor, may surprise you. (The Miis surprised me, anyway.) I made some fun stuff despite the limitations. It was a very rudimentary editor, but I was pleased with its inclusion nonetheless.

That said, I definitely want improvements. There was stuff that just made no sense. (Like the fact that the pieces that did have some personality were practically useless because they couldn't have anything placed next to them!) Fixing the kinks, plus adding more special pieces, more backgrounds, and the ability to program in some simple triggers to make stages do stuff would go a long way. Being able to use lava or water would be cool. Scrolling stages, maybe?

(Also, for the record, I like Eldin Bridge. If fulfills a good role, for variety, as a simple stage with some unique and amusing distractions. Our battles on that stage are always fun.)
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Yeah but its like Luigi's Circuit. Good when you need a break from serious racing but, as a "pro" in the series I prefer the grander stages. Smile
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:02 pm

So.... reading that article Triz posted in the other thread about online... it also mentions Smash Bros and cross-system functionality. The guy says something like; "Imagine the possibilities!" I'm trying. I'm not actually sure what that could mean. I think they tried something like that with one of the FFCC games that got poor reviews. Being able to be off-screen from your enemies? I'm drawing blanks picturing how it might be used for Smash Bros. Maybe some side things, but the main game?
Back to top Go down
Matthew999
Yoshi
Yoshi
Matthew999

Number of posts : 341
Coins : 709

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:53 am

I've just read that they want the 3DS version to be used as a way of training up your character and the Wii U version to show it off. But both versions should be fun as well.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:01 pm

What, so it's Poke-Smash, now? "I have a level 48 Bowser! He knows Shell-spin, Fire-breath, and Crush-stomp! I'll trade you for your level 50 Samus, though."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders   Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Hopeful Contenders
Page 1 of 1