Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Vote_lcap2100%The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Vote_lcap2The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 I_voting_barThe real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Vote_lcap2The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 I_voting_barThe real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

The real Kirby game for Wii

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:23 pm

And by some I assume you mean you, Streex, and a bunch of noobs who suck at platformers thus giving them these easy iterations that you can totally depend on the stronger player? :3
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Why yes, that's exactly what I mean!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:48 pm

NSMBW gets an average 8.8 score. I'm assuming reviews written are not by noobs considered on gamerankings or metacritic. It's a fun winning formula that is certain to be emulated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:13 pm

THANK you, Streex!

(He was being mean to me!)
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:08 pm

You cant judge the co - op added onto hardcore platformers raising review scores. I wont sit here and tell you NSMBW is a funner game with co-op its a more frustrating experience with co-op. Just cause its there doesnt mean it has to be used. Im with you Z, the games are meant to be played single player and should stay that way.

-DrunkTriz
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:00 am

First off- online review scores rom sites like metacrititc hold no measure over how good a game actually is.

Secondly- no one said it wasn't fun to play with others but ultimately, and no one has argued this point I made yet (how interesting!) but that point remains: level design and overall design suffer because it has to adjust itself to players of all skill sets. Well- players of all skill sets except players like me, who are too good to be bothered babysitting my friends while they consistently fuck up pathetically derivative levels.

Come on- you're telling me co-op Mega Man would be better than playing by yourself? If your answer is yes... well fuck I guess this convo might as well end. lol

Drunk Triz for the win!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:36 am

There's a different level of fun to be had, whether it be single or multiplayer. I had an enjoyable experience with NSMBW solo and 4 player, but they were different kinds of fun. On my own, I loved the added challenge of getting all the coins, something I wouldn't dare try with others repeatedly bouncing on my head. With others, there was a nice sense of accomplishment after completing each level because after all, 4 players all over the screen does make for some hectic off the wall challenge in its own right. Did level design suffer from the added co-op? I'm not convinced. It seemed to be on par with the DS one player version, level design and challenge. Those side scrolling Mario games aren't that difficult to begin with, unless you're talking about The Lost Levels. Still, Nintendo must've thought it might be too difficult for some people because they added the Super Guide to give you the option of assistance if you died 8 times in a row. Which I thought was a smart idea for less skilled players who would like to experience more of the game without dumbing it down for the veterans.

I think to make things appealing to everyone they should have had two different games. One for one player, and one for multiplayer. Like Ms. Splosion Man or Portal 2. They have a different level set up when 2 players are going at it, instead of one.

Would a co-op Mega Man be better? I'd like to see it done before I pass judgment. I think in that case Capcom would do something like "Easy Mode" which was in Mega Man 10 for the noobs. That way if you are playing co-op you can adjust the difficulty yourself, and leave it on Normal Mode if you want that tried and true Mega Man challenge.

Remember some of those older co-op games that would have been better if they DID dumb it down a bit? Battletoads comes to mind. That game was impossible two player.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:23 am

I don't mind them releasing these kinds of games, but don't do it under the moniker of "its for everyone" because they are not for everyone. Dude, the first 3 Marios were infinitely harder than either NSMB game has been, and not because of its age but because of the level design, etc.

NSMB Wii one especially, suffered MAJORLY imo from lazy level design. Well, it isn't even laziness, it was as I said- they couldn't give you anything too impossible out of fear that my Gramma might not wanna play with me cuz its too tough.

And thats weak no matter how you spin it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:58 pm

Boooo! You guys are no fun.

Once upon a time I used to dream of multiplayer RPGs.

Bad example... now that they're here, I kind of wish they weren't.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:31 am

I did enjoy DragonQuest 9 but it was optional and level design... isn't really the same for rpgs as it is platformers. Smile
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:20 am

I was more referring to MMORPGs.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:21 pm

I figured.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:03 pm

Tycho at Penny Arcade is on our side!:

Quote :
I don’t think that absolutely every game has to be co-operative, but it would help; as I am absolutely certain I’ve told you before, having to decide between being social and being solitary creates psychological jitter. That is to say, I wobble; I become a creature of superposition, and I never really coalesce. I’m as likely to watch Farscape reruns or edgy Korean thrillers a I am to play a game at that point. But I will sometimes stop playing a game because I would enjoy it more cooperatively, that is to say, I would enjoy it more as a game which does not exist.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2011/7/29/
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:35 pm

ROFL! XD
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:22 pm

Oh, man. I missed your comment about co-op Megaman. Now I totally want that! Complex bosses that require multiple simultaneous weapon types? (I'm seeing a big mech that is so heavily armored, you have to hit it with some slow-moving missile that packs a big punch. The problem is the mech is fast and will dodge the missile, so another player has to freeze its feet to the floor with an ice beam!) Levels that require co-operation and multiple weapons and/or abilities to get through? (One player fires the afore-mentioned missile that another player can hop on and ride across a big gap. They then hit a switch with an electricity beam, charging a bridge for the rest to cross...)

Neutral Don't hate me, Z!
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Ok... if I can be Zero while someone else is MM or Bass I'll allow it.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Streex will be Bass. I'm MM. Triz gets Rush.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:12 pm

LOL sorry Triz!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:36 pm

This co-op Mega Man is sounding better every day. Co-op can be very addicting if done right. What if they made a new The Lost Vikings...

Right now Triz and I are going through Ms. Splosion Man co-op. Crazy fun.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:20 pm

yeah the co-op on Ms. Splosion man is damn fun.. Hard, but fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The real Kirby game for Wii   The real Kirby game for Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The real Kirby game for Wii
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2