Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
First Marathon details Vote_lcap2100%First Marathon details Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
First Marathon details Vote_lcap20%First Marathon details Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
First Marathon details Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
First Marathon details Vote_lcap2First Marathon details I_voting_barFirst Marathon details Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
First Marathon details Vote_lcap2First Marathon details I_voting_barFirst Marathon details Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

First Marathon details

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: First Marathon details   First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:49 am

I want to let all of you know that the ball is finally rolling with getting our first marathon organized. It sure requires a lot of work and equipment. My hat goes off to those that put them on so successfully. But again rest assured that we are putting it together right now and when we post the new date it will be ready to go. If you have any requests of which games or franchise you'd like to see us play, send us an email at ninfest@me.com or make a post here in the Ninfest Forums and we'll do our best to accommodate. When the day arrives, you will be able to watch and listen to us live in the Marathon Channel playing game after game in an effort to raise money for a charity yet to be announced. Stay tuned... bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Number of posts : 129
Location : Zombies and ghosts are on the loose here. Welcome to Threed.
Coins : 194

PostSubject: Re: First Marathon details   First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Personally, I think it would be great to have a Silent Hill marathon, especially with the new Silent Hill Shattered Memories coming out this October. (I can not wait for this game!) That might not be the best though due to the more mature content, so runner-ups for me would have to be a Metroid, Castlevania, or Mega Man marathon. I hesitate to suggest the Mother series or Zelda because those have both been done relatively recently by other sites. (The Mother marathon by the terrific but very obsessed people at Starmen.net and the speed gamers did a Zelda marathon I believe.)
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: First Marathon details   First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:13 am

The Speed Gamers also did an Earthbound marathon last year. I just watched a Mega Man marathon last weekend. I haven't seen a Metroid or Castlevania marathon yet, those would make perfect candidates. I'd love to play Silent Hill in a marathon but it would be a marathon not focused on a certain franchise. When it happens, since this is a Nintendo site, I want to keep all the games played from Nintendo consoles. Since Shattered Memories would be the first, to include it would mean doing a marathon maybe on a collection of random picks from the Wii. The mature content wouldn't keep me from playing it.

Unfortunately at this time, it saddens me that a marathon won't be happening until next year. I need more bodies than just Cheator in a marathon which I'd like to run at least a full 24 hours, or better yet 48. I'm supposed to be moving back to California next year and I have a running crew there that I believe can make the marathon finally happen. First Marathon details Icon_surprised

Hopefully more people between now and then post their ideas for the first marathon so I can get a good feel at what we should prepare for. But I'm already liking your Metroid and Castlevania suggestions. Good picks.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: First Marathon details   First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:16 am

You say Castlevania is a candiddate but its been on plenty of other systems. And Youd be hard pressed to get me in on some shitty Nintendo only marathon First Marathon details Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Incognito
Samus
Samus
Incognito

Number of posts : 71
Coins : 66

PostSubject: Re: First Marathon details   First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:58 pm

Triz wrote:
You say Castlevania is a candiddate but its been on plenty of other systems.

Not to mention the best Castlevania game of all time was on the PSone: Symphony Of The Night. A Castlevania marathon wouldn't be complete without that game. First Marathon details Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: First Marathon details   First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:06 am

Who said anything about you Triz? First Marathon details Lol

But seriously, you're missing the point when it comes to marathons. It's not about you, it's about the charity and those that benefit from the donations raised during the marathon. If I had the opportunity to participate in a charitable marathon and all we did was play N Gage games or Minesweeper for 48 hours I'd do it in a heartbeat. Sure you want to hold a marathon that will interest you somewhat, but again that comes in a distant second to who you're doing it for. I'm sure if we held a Castlevania marathon and just played those on Nintendo consoles, many would watch and donate. Earlier this year the Mario Marathon raised over $30,000 and all they did was play games on Nintendo. Of course, because there are only Mario games on Nintendo. But that's beside the point.

Something tells me Triz you're the type of guy that would step over an old lady that just fell in front of you spilling her groceries. First Marathon details Icon_scratch

All that said, I know I said I'd like it to be a marathon with games played only on Nintendo consoles, but this is open to change. It will depend on what series or games are finally decided on.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: First Marathon details   First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:03 pm

Quote :
Something tells me Triz you're the type of guy that would step over an old lady that just fell in front of you spilling her groceries. First Marathon details Icon_scratch

What are you getting at with this? All I did was call you out for what you said. You said you wanted to keep the marathon on Nintendo consoles, and then mentioned castlevania as a prime candidate. The best castelvania games arent even on Nintendo consoles. You know me better than that Streex, I may be a fould mouthed fucker, but I have more manners than most people in society.
Back to top Go down
Incognito
Samus
Samus
Incognito

Number of posts : 71
Coins : 66

PostSubject: Re: First Marathon details   First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:20 pm

Streex wrote:
Earlier this year the Mario Marathon raised over $30,000 and all they did was play games on Nintendo. Of course, because there are only Mario games on Nintendo. But that's beside the point.

Then it's irrelevant as a counter-point. First Marathon details Icon_albino

Streex wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!! The mental image I got from that made me laugh my balls off! First Marathon details Icon_razz First Marathon details Icon_tongue
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: First Marathon details   First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:56 am

I know a number of people that love the 2D Castlevania games on the NES and SNES more than anything on other consoles or any of the 3D ones. So for many, the best Castlevanias are on Nintendo consoles. (This is all based on opinions so there really isn't a reason for us to continue this.) The ones on Nintendo handhelds still hold a lot of fun as well.

I didn't mean to ruffle feathers. First Marathon details Icon_sad

Something came along...and finally Ninfest will have it's first marathon. Check the new post! Join us friends, join us!
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: First Marathon details   First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:31 pm

Streex wrote:
I know a number of people that love the 2D Castlevania games on the NES and SNES more than anything on other consoles or any of the 3D ones. So for many, the best Castlevanias are on Nintendo consoles. (This is all based on opinions so there really isn't a reason for us to continue this.) The ones on Nintendo handhelds still hold a lot of fun as well.

I didn't mean to ruffle feathers. First Marathon details Icon_sad

Something came along...and finally Ninfest will have it's first marathon. Check the new post! Join us friends, join us!

Symphony of the night isnt even 3d and its without question the best castelvania game. and not on the nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: First Marathon details   First Marathon details Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:11 am

Without question...hmmm. to see if you are correct I ran around a bunch of forums/sites just now and you know what I found out? Everybody has a different favorite! I actually ran into more Super Castlevania 4 favs than anything else, but I did find a lot favoring SotN naturally. I even ran into a guy that felt Castlevania 64 was the best one (yes, he did play Symphony of the Night). I think another thing that sways opinions is the age of the gamer.
To say SotN is without question the best Castlevania ever is discrediting anybody with an opposing opinion. To you and anyone else that feels that way, sure. But not without question. That's why people hold polls for this kind of stuff. If there was 'no question' why bother?

Opinions are the darnest things, aren't they? That's what makes this industry so fun. First Marathon details Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Marathon details   First Marathon details Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

First Marathon details
Page 1 of 1