Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Favorite console for Netflix Vote_lcap2100%Favorite console for Netflix Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Favorite console for Netflix Vote_lcap20%Favorite console for Netflix Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Favorite console for Netflix Vote_lcap20%Favorite console for Netflix Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Favorite console for Netflix Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Favorite console for Netflix Vote_lcap2Favorite console for Netflix I_voting_barFavorite console for Netflix Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Favorite console for Netflix Vote_lcap2Favorite console for Netflix I_voting_barFavorite console for Netflix Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Favorite console for Netflix

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Favorite console for Netflix   Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:34 pm

There is actually only one correct answer: PS3. The auto-next episode for 3 episodes is so damn convenient that I haven't used it on my Wii since. Haven't even bothered trying the U version because I'm told there's no auto-option.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Favorite console for Netflix   Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:20 pm

I'll have to look into that. I've never personally used Netflix for episodes, only movies. But my daughter does and I don't think it has that feature. Hulu Plus does have that feature on Wii U but I never use it. I usually don't have enough time to sit there and watch a bunch of episodes. I'll watch a show then turn it off and get into some gaming until I fall asleep. Thank god for the automatic system shut off after one hour!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Favorite console for Netflix   Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:04 am

Wait... you watch movies (1.5 hrs+) but don't have time for concurrent tv shows (22min an episode)? Streex, your logic alludes me. Razz

Sorry, that was trolling hard, hahaha. Read a bunch of GameFaqs.com forum posts at work today for the lulz, musta rubbed off. ROFL!

Aaaaanyways... I game on my gamepad and netflix on my triple, so even if I'm gaming some Law & Order in the background doesn't hurt. Wink If I'm gamin' on the triple I netflix on the 3DSXL oh snap I'm like a boyscout so damn prepared.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Favorite console for Netflix   Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:10 pm

I can't multi-media task like that. I've heard others doing that also but my brain can't focus on a game and a show at the same time.

But to explain my watching habits...I only watch TV shows by myself after everyone has gone to bed. My wife and I have completely different shows that we watch so when I have my "me" time at night I don't like to spend it watching a bunch of shows when I could be gaming. So I'll watch 1 show and then get to the games.

Movies on the other hand I only watch with my wife, one night a week (movie night). So we do that together. Then after the movie she goes to bed and I stay up to watch, you guessed it, a TV show and then get into gaming.

Kinda sad when I think about it. When we first met we watched everything together. Then she migrated to watching only dramas and I migrated to watching only comedies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Favorite console for Netflix   Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:18 am

I mostly watch it on 3DS, which is terrible. Why do I do it? Long story. Why is it so terrible? I could write a catalog of bugs that piece of crap is loaded with.

As for the Wii U version, it's actually the best one I've seen yet. Having that second screen gives you a lot of control options. Plus you can see the progress bar and episode description without having to press any buttons or take up space on the main screen. Of course, you can also watch shows on the gamepad as well if someone else needs the TV. A nice option. You can also start the next episode of something from the main show menu just by touching the show's icon rather than going into its menu first. (You can also hit a button on the gamepad to go into its menu.) As for auto-next, I've mostly found that to be an annoying feature on Hulu, and it really won't break my finger to just touch the pad once when I want the next episode to start. My only complaint is that you can't use the Wii remote at all. It is much smaller than the gamepad and in some situations I would rather just have that nice, tiny, remote-shaped device.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Favorite console for Netflix   Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:41 am

How could it possibly be annoying? You watch one episode of a given show and then switch? I'm not saying its tough to have to... turn the pad/mote back on from sleep mode, wait for it to awaken itself, then have to tap a button for another episode I know I wanted to watch concurrently... or just have the auto-next on pa3. Endgame, sorry. Razz lol
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Favorite console for Netflix   Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:06 am

It's annoying when I don't want another episode to start. After one ends, my wife and I sometimes just lounge for a few minutes talking or something. We rarely watch more than one episode of anything at a time, and when we do, she always has to get up to go to the bathroom or something, and then I play 3DS or get a snack or something, so it's never saving me any effort. Also, it takes a Wiimote maybe 1.5 seconds to wake up. The Wii U gamepad doesn't need to wake up at all- it always works instantly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite console for Netflix   Favorite console for Netflix Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Favorite console for Netflix
Page 1 of 1