Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Netflix on Wii Vote_lcap2100%Netflix on Wii Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Netflix on Wii Vote_lcap20%Netflix on Wii Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Netflix on Wii Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Netflix on Wii Vote_lcap2Netflix on Wii I_voting_barNetflix on Wii Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Netflix on Wii

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:09 pm

So, booted up the instant que and it works great. The interface is user friendly and within seconds was watching The X-Files. Season 5 in case you were wondering LOL.

Definitely worth the 3 clicks it took for my free 2 week trial. We'll see if its worth the $8 monthly, seems like it since I can watch most of the cable shows I like without commercials and the shitty shows in between.

Only thing is, I wish it was its own separate channel, no special reason why I'm just a channel junkie. :3
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:15 pm

I have the disk, its working nicely on the bedroom tv where the wii is curently. Still prefer to stream through the xbox cause it offers the HD content, but for what it is its great.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:10 am

ZeldAnTales wrote:
So, booted up the instant que and it works great. The interface is user friendly and within seconds was watching The X-Files. Season 5 in case you were wondering LOL.

Definitely worth the 3 clicks it took for my free 2 week trial. We'll see if its worth the $8 monthly, seems like it since I can watch most of the cable shows I like without commercials and the shitty shows in between.

Only thing is, I wish it was its own separate channel, no special reason why I'm just a channel junkie. :3
Great show to start off watching. I definitely think it's worth it. The first thing I tested it with is the movie Cool As Ice featuring Vanilla Ice. I have the DVD but being an Ice fan and surprised that it's even on there, that is what I did. Yes, I am crazy, I like Vanilla Ice. Netflix on Wii Icon_porc Like you, I wish it was its own separate channel. Nintendo hasn't given us anything since the new interface on the Nintendo Channel. I'm wondering if the disc is necessary to work around the Microsoft contract...

Works better than the videos on the Nintendo Channel. Being able to start up anywhere in a movie or show in seconds is nice. Not to mention being able to save your spot in many different movies and come back and start watching where you left off. I heard that not all the streaming content is visible on the Wii, not sure if it's true. Until I can confirm I'll still load up my Instant queue from my computer.

My daughter is hooked. Immediately had to watch the Barney Movie, Elmo in Grouchland and Wubbzy's Big Movie.
Triz wrote:
I have the disk, its working nicely on the bedroom tv where the wii is curently. Still prefer to stream through the xbox cause it offers the HD content, but for what it is its great.
I can see liking the option of streaming HD content, but I've been told it has its limitations since the speed of a wireless connection isn't fast enough to stream HD for many people. This is a blurb from a Ninfest fan on Facebook:

Quote :
I really don't like the lack of features on the 360 interface, nor do i like the fact that you MUST be an XBox Live Gold member to use it, especially since every other Netflix device can access it for free. So i guess you can say that the 360 version hooked me, but the PS3 version impressed me. Now with the Wii version, Liz can use it upstairs and not have to mess with the 360.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:17 am

I have no issues with the HD feeds on the 360, the only thing I dont like about it is when my 360 is on, youd think there was an airplane taking off in my living room. Something to be said about just turning the sytem on and going through your queue, not having to worry about putting a disc in to access it.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:17 am

Yeah, the disc was baffling to me, but given their shabby memory set-up (for Wii) I wasn't too taken back.

Pretty lame that M$ makes it necessary to be a gold member to access Netflix, but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest, they are full of tricks like that to screw people over. One of many reasons they will never again get my money.

<3 Ninty 4-eva LOL
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:07 am

I agree that gold access is a joke. Especially when PSN is free. No offense to you guys on the nintendo site, but the Wii online system is a joke.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:32 pm

It is and it isn't, IMO. Sure, its a bit clumsy and there are no good ways of preventing hackers into my kart races...

HOWEVER: here's why I cut Nintendo slack. Unlike Sony and M$, Nintendo has never had to deal with online systems, their functions, and software/applications that DEMAND the use of internet. Sony makes PCs, and I don't need to bother with M$.

So logically, those 2 companies are going to have the edge there because, frankly, Nintendo is definitely the least rich of the 3 companies in terms of development and production (regardless of hardware and software sales).

Nintendo has some catching up to do with online activity, but in their eyes (as well as thousands/millions whatever of fans) online play is not why we game. To me personally, having "awesome multiplayer" or "amazing online co-op" actually takes less effort and care than creating a truly enveloping experience of a single player course/campaign. So the devs made a map, a list of weapons, and throw a bunch of college guys into a Halo match. Brilliant. Neutral Game of the freaking year.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:44 pm

Its not just about playing online, its the community features that add to the online experience. The Wii does everything it can to prevent those features, ps3 and 360 especially promote it. Id love to have an Identity on the wii that is universal, not just a bunch of random numbers.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:21 pm

I have a Mii...? Named Anthony, ya know, my universal name? Once the code is entered I am then known by my designated Mii name. What's the big deal? (My complaint is the limited character set for my Mii name, seriously WTF) As for other community aspects, I had an Xbox; I know what it offers. I have a PC for that stuff... Ya know? Razz

Another unfair advantage for Nintendo: They make a Video Game Console. The other 2 are Multimedia Consoles. But people put demands equally on both, which is unfair but the way it goes. That's why Wii attracts mostly casual fans and oldschool fans who were loving gaming before it mattered how often you played and how much of your life you wasted on giving a shit.

Such things happen when a nook like gaming explodes into an industry instead of a niche.

In any case- Netflix on the Wii and PS3 = better than Xbox fer realz :3
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:32 pm

no its not better than the 360 because they dont offer as many features as the 360 implemantation. But we can go in circles all you want about that. Wink
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:41 pm

LOL There you go again with features. hahaha

It doesn't matter, PC owns them all. :3
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:33 pm

If we're talking online community experience, yeah Nintendo is behind. I'd love to have it and hope they remedy that on Wii2. But Triz you say that they are doing everything in their power to prevent those features. It's because they have the safety of the gamer in mind. They aren't keeping the experience away from us just because. Although I wish they would just drop the code crap already, even though it's not a big deal. And the extra safety measures I'd like to leave too.

It's not a big deal to put in a Netflix disc to watch movies. Heck, I do that anytime I want to play a game, what's the difference? Should I complain that I have to get off my fat azz to put in No More Heroes when I feel the need to play? Also, wasn't the disc method put into play to get around the contract with Microsoft? Surely the PS3 could do without the disc as well no? And if you want to pay for a Gold membership for these "extra features" (not sure what they are), then by all means let Microsoft rape your wallet.

Thankfully you don't have HD streaming issues, but many are. Plus the HD content selection is small beans.

ZeldAnTales, PC may own them all, but very few households have a PC hooked up to the big living room screen for the family to gather around.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:30 am

Well, true not everyone has a PC hooked up in their living room but come on its 2010, get with it. :3
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:51 pm

I'm trying. Heck, I just finally got an HD TV! Trying to keep up with tech advances is tough.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:21 pm

just got HD? what did you get?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:06 am

Wallet would only let me get a 46" Sony Bravia. 60hz. At least I've started to catch up. Also picked up a Sony Blu-Ray and will complete the Bravia line with the surround system within 2 weeks. Funny thing is I'm most excited about plugging in my Wii with component cables. (TV isn't hooked up yet. Have to get a bigger entertainment center to fit the TV.)
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:50 am

I have the same TV, only its 42". Has treated me very well.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:45 am

Streex wrote:
Wallet would only let me get a 46" Sony Bravia. 60hz. At least I've started to catch up. Also picked up a Sony Blu-Ray and will complete the Bravia line with the surround system within 2 weeks. Funny thing is I'm most excited about plugging in my Wii with component cables. (TV isn't hooked up yet. Have to get a bigger entertainment center to fit the TV.)

Should have picked up a PS3 for your blu ray player...
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:46 am

A PS3 is $300, the Blu-Ray was $180.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:55 am

Plus I don't care what anyone says, whenever I used my old PS3/PS2 as a dvd/blu-ray player the laser shit out on me, GUARANTEED.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:19 pm

ZeldAnTales wrote:
Plus I don't care what anyone says, whenever I used my old PS3/PS2 as a dvd/blu-ray player the laser shit out on me, GUARANTEED.
That's what I've heard numerous times. If I got a PS3 it would have been primarily for Blu-Ray and it might have crapped out on me within a year. I was tempted to get a PS3 to be honest but I'm trying to stretch my dollars right now so I passed.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:06 am

Since I'm sort of an organization freak, I can't stand loose discs. I bought a game case with box art for Wii Sports and Link's Crossbow Training so they could fit nicely with my other Wii games. Now Netflix sent us these discs with no box. What's available on ebay is crap right now so I went ahead and designed my own box art. I'll be putting them in cases soon and start selling them on ebay for $5, free shipping. Probably in two weeks.

Netflix on Wii Netflix_cover
Back to top Go down
Matthew999
Yoshi
Yoshi
Matthew999

Number of posts : 341
Coins : 709

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:17 am

Wow, you designed your own case? I'd like to have Netflix but it isn't available in Australia. Netflix on Wii Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:14 am

Hey you have kangaroos back off! Razz j/k
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:34 am

for what its worth, my ps3 is a luanch console and the only current gen system to not fail. Its also used more than any other in my house. And that extra 120 for the ps3 would have got you the most up to date blu ray version as its firmware updates always enable to newest blu ray features, including the 3d blu rays that are coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Netflix on Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix on Wii   Netflix on Wii Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Netflix on Wii
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next