Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Vote_lcap2100%So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Vote_lcap20%So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Vote_lcap20%So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Vote_lcap2So, I'm picking up Madworld today. I_voting_barSo, I'm picking up Madworld today. Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Vote_lcap2So, I'm picking up Madworld today. I_voting_barSo, I'm picking up Madworld today. Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

So, I'm picking up Madworld today.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Number of posts : 129
Location : Zombies and ghosts are on the loose here. Welcome to Threed.
Coins : 194

PostSubject: So, I'm picking up Madworld today.   So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:41 pm

That's right, today I'm going to try and find me a copy of Madworld (since I didn't preorder), but I don't think that should be too hard since I have access to a Best Buy, three Gamestops, and two Wal-Marts. I won't be able to play till Friday at the earliest but maybe I'll have some impressions by Sunday or Monday. Anyone else picking up this stylish new title? Also what's everyone's opinion on the extreme violence and derogatory language used in this game? Personally, I'm just happy to have an awesome new beat em' up to play that looks great and plays even better (or at least from what I've been hearing). Anyways wish me luck.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm picking up Madworld today.   So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:27 am

Im going to rent it. Im a little too wrapped up in Killzone 2 and Resident Evil 5 is being delivered tomorrow. Nothing wrong with the violence, its a game made for an older audience, thats what the ratings system is for. Just because there is blood doesnt mean it has to be on xbox or ps3. Im a little worried about the game being 480i. My Wii is hooked to up to HDTV and 480i content doesnt display great on those.
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm picking up Madworld today.   So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:03 pm

Madworld can only be summed up as gruesomely awesome. The striking black and white visuals hold up exceptionally well throughout the adventure and never get old. Of course, even the graphic novel style gets eclipsed by the hillarious over-the-top violence, which is tastefully done in my opinion. The violence is definitely going to cause some waves among the anti-violence advocates and at times made me flinch among my morbid snickering, but in my opinion the unrealistic way its done makes it feel much less disturbing than I found the kill scenes in titles like Manhunt. The gameplay is exceptional, although there are a few minor quips. The camera works fine, but unless you're fighting a boss it's almost not even worth using the targeting system. In a very rare occurance, the camera also would whip around suddenly causing some momentary disorientation. The motion controls work incredibly well and feel satisfying. They're very similar to No More Heroes but are implemented better. The sound works well, although, the thugs often repeat their threats, and the duo of announcers really do a nice job working together, but you will hear them repeat lines here and there as well. The soundtrack fits like a glove and that's coming from a person who does not overly enjoy rap so that tells you something. Overall the experience took me about six or so hours to complete (I had a finish time of about 3:30 or so on my time recorded but I know it was more) but those worried about the short game time need not fret. This game is one of the most refreshing titles I've played in recent memory and the fun factor more than makes up for the short playtime. Plus with more than one difficulty the replayability is quite high. Unfortunately, I have not been able to play hard mode yet, but I plan to and am very much looking forward to it. Feel free to ask any questions you want me to ask and I'll respond whenever I can.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm picking up Madworld today.   So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Excellent review. I plan to buy this game soon. Even more so after reading this. I do have one question. Are the minigames a welcome distraction from the main adventure and how many of them are there? I've seen a couple like the one where you throw the guys on the human dart board and also one where you throw them into a pit where they get squashed by a ceiling full of spikes. This is definitely a game I'm going to have to wait until my daughter goes to bed to play. With the Wii this is not usually the case. I did enjoy Manhunt 2 Embarassed. I didn't like how they had to change the close up attacks though. What was left was rather tame. Good game otherwise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
WildCard
Pit
Pit
WildCard

Number of posts : 115
Coins : 213

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm picking up Madworld today.   So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:54 am

i would like to buy madworld but i cant handle the black and white graphics. it just makes me feel ill watching videos of it as well as the demo at GS. to contrasty. had they used deffernt levels of gray in between the black and white it would probly be ok, but just black and white is just to harsh. and when i say it makes me ill i mean litraly. makes me feel like i have motion sickness lol. first game to ever do that to me. o well im still raped up in deadspace,killzone2,bioshock and Valkarea Chronicles to be put out Wink. Im waiting for Marasumea the demone blade and boy and his blob to fill my Wii needs Wink
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm picking up Madworld today.   So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:46 am

Well it's unfortunate you're unable to play Madworld Wildcat, but it sounds like you have quite a few games to keep you busy in the mean time.

The minigames are pretty fun throughout the game since they usually introduce a new killing weapon to you, although, near the end, several of the minigames are used again in grander form. They normally help you bump your score considerably, but on a few of them it took me several moments to fully understand the concepts of the game so I wasn't able to rack up a huge amount of points on my first try. They feel very natural to the gameplay, though, and are a welcome addition in my book.
Back to top Go down
WildCard
Pit
Pit
WildCard

Number of posts : 115
Coins : 213

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm picking up Madworld today.   So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:56 pm

yea copy that. I was looking forward to the game but...o well.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm picking up Madworld today.   So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:22 pm

So I got this for my birthday and its a decent game. I wouldnt put it up there with the cream of the crop. The violence is nice, but tires out quickly. Seems the only real variety in the kills comes from environment setups. Id like some more variety with the meat of the combat than whats delivered. Sticking something over a dudes head and impaling over and over again doesnt lead to much variety. Overall 3/5 stars.
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm picking up Madworld today.   So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:05 pm

I can see where you're coming from, but I'm still very much enjoying the game. Maybe it's my love of classic beat em' ups (they always had some repetition in killing enemies) that allows me to ignore this fault. Either way though, I think you're right that they should have added another really efficient combination or two other than signpost, tire, rosebush, you know, just to expand the possibilities. Oh, and who else here is getting rocked by the harder difficulty? I know I am, I've already died at least twice as much in each level as I did the first time around, but oh that double chainsaw is oh so sweet.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm picking up Madworld today.   So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:29 pm

Still haven't bought this game. What is wrong with me!?! Everytime I'm about to pick it up I put it back down holding out that maybe the next week will bring a price drop. When I finally give up and pick it up I have a feeling that is when it will finally happen.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm picking up Madworld today.   So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:00 pm

I found this game for $30 at Best Buy so I scooped up a copy. Took it for a test drive and already I can tell this is going to be a memorable game. Definitely top 5 on the Wii.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm picking up Madworld today.   So, I'm picking up Madworld today. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

So, I'm picking up Madworld today.
Page 1 of 1