Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Sega Genesis Vote_lcap2100%Sega Genesis Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Sega Genesis Vote_lcap20%Sega Genesis Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Sega Genesis Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Sega Genesis Vote_lcap2Sega Genesis I_voting_barSega Genesis Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Sega Genesis

Go down 
+4
ZeldAnTales
Streex
Triz
Cheator
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheator
Super Mario
Super Mario
Cheator

Number of posts : 27
Coins : 59

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:07 pm

Just wanted to start a section for one of the most fun systems that ever existed. Don't get me wrong, it wasnt as fun as the Super Nintendo but it had some great titles. Here is a list of some of them.

Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion
Golden Axe
Michael Jackson Moonwalker
Sonic 1-3
Streets of Rage
Kid Chameleon
Vector Man
Fatal Fury
Altered Beast
ToeJam and Earl

If you can think of more please do so. Sega Genesis Icon_rr
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:04 am

It was better than the SNES...

Eternal Champions was a great MK clone. I had the SEGA CD add on, biggest waste of money ever.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:26 pm

Oh dear. I can't see how the Genesis was better. The music sounded cheap compared to the SNES. Most of the games on both systems were better on the SNES. Mortal Kombat had the blood on Genesis, but the SNES version was better in every other category. Blast processing was a joke. I remember when they compared the speed of Sonic to Super Mario Kart. Really? Road Runner's Death Valley Rally was much faster.

Now when I play games on each system the Super NES games feel, look and sound better. Not saying Genesis games can't be fun, some are very fun. I literally cringed when I heard the sound effects in Golden Axe. It was like watching Jim Carrey in Dumb & Dumber showing off the most annoying sound in the world.

I downloaded the Genesis version of Ghouls N Ghosts and I couldn't believe how much more superior Super Ghouls N Ghosts on the SNES was. These were supposed to be very similar from the same company right? confused The animation and control got lost in translation.

Mode 7 and the Super FX chip were real, Blast Processing wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:58 am

They both had plenty of great games. But take a look at games like Earthworm Jim and shit that ran way better on Genesis.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:02 pm

Thing about the Genesis is it just didn't have the same variety of dev. support. We did see exclusive backing early on by companies like Treasure, who brought us Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Headdy, and a few others I can't recall. The Genesis had but 2 rpgs worth shit, Shining in the Darkness and Phantasy Star 2 & 4. SNES CLEARLY beats out the Genesis in RPGS.

Action games, mixed bag. SNES had Zelda, Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Star Fox... I could go on. Genesis had Sonic (always second to Mario imo), and... Vectorman (not that fantastic compared to SNES) and... House of Illusion (World sucked!)... SNES wins there too.

Fighters. Lots to dispute here, Sega was more willing to allow gore, giving them the upper hand in some people's mind. Still, Street Fighter 2 Turbo was best on SNES for me, all boiled down to the controller. Sega had more fighters that mattered though, so they win here.

Shmups... Sega always wins this battle.

Also don't forget about Mega Man Wily Wars (1-3 remake) which was released only on the Sega Channel. Well, except for Europe and Japan. I own the PAL cart and have to say it's only a 6/10 game. As Streex said, the sound sucks on the Genesis.

All in all SNES clearly had more quality titles, but with those came more shit titles, too. Sega and Nintendo had different goals as a company.

BTW- Biggest waste for an add on goes to the 32x, not the CD. The CD had like 7 games that were not only good, but stunning and revolutionary (Popful Mail, Lunar 1-2, Snatcher...)
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:29 pm

Dont forget Eternal Champions CD Smile
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:59 pm

Streex and Tales already pretty much covered what I was going to say, and Cheator admitted SNES was better, so he's off the hook. I just might point out, in addition to what else has been said, that in addition to having the bulk of the true greats of the 16-bit era, the SNES actually boasted physicially superior hardware, including a color palette exponentially greater than the Genesis.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:27 am

Triz wrote:
Dont forget Eternal Champions CD Smile

I have that bad boy! Man, it does NOT hold up today LOL!
Back to top Go down
pastel arsenal
Super Mario
Super Mario

Number of posts : 27
Coins : 60

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:07 am

Triz wrote:
They both had plenty of great games. But take a look at games like Earthworm Jim and shit that ran way better on Genesis.

Earthworm Jim is one of my favorites of that era. PLASMA!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pastelarsenal
Nintendo Furniture
Moogle
Moogle
Nintendo Furniture

Number of posts : 1087
Coins : 270

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:50 pm

Hmm.........well my favorite games for this here is Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3, Castlevania Bloodlines, Megaman Wily Wars (which is a Sega Mega Drive for Japan and Europe only), Sonic and Knuckles, Man I can't think of anything else. Oh well maybe I'll look more stuff for this later or so on.
Back to top Go down
WildCard
Pit
Pit
WildCard

Number of posts : 115
Coins : 213

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 11:26 pm

i got in to the sega gen late in the game. i had the snes for most of the 16 bit wars and bought a gen after renting it and some games a few times. my fav games on the gen were the ones that you could not really find on snes like pirates gold,688 attack sub,m1a1 abrams,ect. also i found that some times the sega gen version of games were better than the snes like startrek next genaration,the first Xmen game,ect. I loved Virtual raceing. never cared for the sonic games though for some reason. i thought the look and music of the games were great.very techno ...but in a good way lol. I just didnt care for the way the games played. i suppose i was to used to games like mario ect. Def one of my fav systems. Still have mine as well as my snes..
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 3:28 am

Those Genesis games you listed I haven't even heard of. Are those really the titles of the games? They sound cheesy...like the names of Atari games.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 9:08 am

688 Sub Attack is one of my old jams as well. Boy does it NOT hold up well. LOL

Genesis games of favour to me: Gunstar Heroes, Shining in The Darkness, Landstalker, Shining Force 2, Phantasy 2 & 4 (not! 3), Dynamite Headdy, and Mega Man Wily Wars (yes I have this European Mega Drive cartridge!).
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:27 am

ZeldAnTales wrote:

Genesis games of favour to me: Gunstar Heroes, Shining in The Darkness, Landstalker, Shining Force 2, Phantasy 2 & 4 (not! 3), Dynamite Headdy, and Mega Man Wily Wars (yes I have this European Mega Drive cartridge!).

Thanks to VC I have a number of these. Not too fond of Gunstar Heroes but Dynamite Headdy was awesome! Very difficult too! I was stuck on the last boss for several days.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:41 am

You didn't like Gunstar Heroes??? I take it you aren't a Contra fan?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:22 pm

I like Contra more. It was much more challenging. Gunstar Heroes was a cake walk.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:28 am

Cakewalk? Hardcore!
Back to top Go down
Nintendo Furniture
Moogle
Moogle
Nintendo Furniture

Number of posts : 1087
Coins : 270

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Well seeing as this is Genesis side, I liked Sonic 1-3 & Knuckles, Castlevania Bloodlines, um..........man I can't remember. Maybe I'm not much of a sega fan like because there was suppose to be more games that I can think of, but it's all washed out now. Maybe I'm hoping to try out Ghoul's & Ghost as in a similar to Ghost & Goblins. I heard it was different I don't know.

Uh, I might need to check it out more oftenly. My brains just scatters now. No
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:24 am

I actually have more Genesis games than any other system save the original NES.
And though I do have over 70, only about 20 are REALLY amazing, unlike the NES/SNES.

Lots of technical achievements and bars set, but most Sega games just like that... Nintnedo honey glaze. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:45 am

If you're saying Genesis games lack Nintendo's honey glaze...you're right. In fact, still to this day. Whether it's a game on another console, or even a third party game on the Wii, they're all missing a little something...that sweet sweet Nintendo honey glaze.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:06 am

Its true. Most of my favorite Sega games are from third party devs like Working Designs, Camelot Software Planning, etc. Sometimes Sega outdoes themselves (as in Panzer Dragoon Saga for instance) but usually just a bit over par. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:20 am

How backwards. With Nintendo consoles Nintendo outdoes the third party offerings but it sounds like Sega couldn't keep up on their own console.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:56 am

They just always tried too hard. Everything was so tech-impressive bla bla that gameplay could suffer because it was in the name of being "cutting edge."

They thought that the Dreamcast would finally end their drought of popularity... then the fucking PS2 killed it dead.

Which is bullshit I'll take a Dreamcast over a PS2 any day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sega Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Genesis   Sega Genesis Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Sega Genesis
Page 1 of 1