Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Vote_lcap2100%The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Vote_lcap20%The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Vote_lcap20%The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Vote_lcap2The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? I_voting_barThe new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Vote_lcap2The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? I_voting_barThe new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

The new "OnLive" service... what do you think?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Incognito
Samus
Samus
Incognito

Number of posts : 71
Coins : 66

PostSubject: The new "OnLive" service... what do you think?   The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:41 am

Legitimate competition for console companies? The future of gaming that will force console makers into a software only production mode? Or just a bunch of hogwash that will end up like the Gizmondo?

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/new-tech-could-make-consoles-obsolete/1299562
Back to top Go down
Incognito
Samus
Samus
Incognito

Number of posts : 71
Coins : 66

PostSubject: Re: The new "OnLive" service... what do you think?   The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:42 am

Also make sure you click on the picture to open up a gallery of 10 photos they have up. It looks impressive, and it seems as if this is going to be a serious deal.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: The new "OnLive" service... what do you think?   The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:46 am

Broadband speeds arent up to speed in a majority of the US. It has a chance to take of on foreign soil. Personally I wouldnt subscribe to a service that gives me Wii reolution on the TV. The HD resolution games are what the service could shine on. Also you could build a machine to run the games they are offering with what I estimate would be a year long subscription to thier service. And you would actually OWN the system you are playing on.

Lots of hurdles to overcome, I think more likely someone will by the technology from them.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: The new "OnLive" service... what do you think?   The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:05 am

I think it's a terrific new idea to further the industry. It looks like something that could be the standard in about 4 years. It may be a little to early for it, like Triz said, they would be catering to a small market being that internet speed is essential and majority of households aren't there yet. However, I could see them first setting this up with hotels, giving people a chance to play those big games away from home. I don't think this would end consoles as we know it, especially not Nintendo, unless they came up with a motion controller and Nintendo allowed them to include their games in the service. But I could see a lot of people signing up for this since you probably wouldn't put down a hefty amount of cash up front like buying a console. Maybe a $20 to $30/month payment plan and have access to all the games, kind of like GameTap. And like satellite or cable TV, the box would be free with the monthly service plan. This would be an easy way to set up a LAN if you could get up to 4 boxes and place one on each TV, enabling the boxes to link to each other and play your siblings from different rooms multiplayer. This could take off and I'm actually pretty interested in seeing where this goes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new "OnLive" service... what do you think?   The new "OnLive" service... what do you think? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The new "OnLive" service... what do you think?
Page 1 of 1