Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Vote_lcap2100%The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Vote_lcap20%The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Vote_lcap20%The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Vote_lcap2The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! I_voting_barThe Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Vote_lcap2The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! I_voting_barThe Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

The Finalist Fantasy there ever was!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: The Finalist Fantasy there ever was!   The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Sun May 02, 2010 9:42 am

So, out of the frequenters here, who plays Final Fantasy? Furthermore, which is your favorite in the series?

For me, it really depends on whether you count side games in the series. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for the GCN was most epic win, and was my wife's first foray into not only rpg-styled play but co-op as well. Yeah, there were some limitations that had to be implemented because of lack of online support, but for me it didn't detract AT ALL from the experience. Needless to say, I'd like to see online included WELL in the series sometime (the 2 ds/ 1 Wii installment(s) have gotten such poor reviews I haven't tried them).

If sidegames don't count, then give me Final Fantasy 6. Hands friggin' down. I disliked the polygonal look of 7 (say what you will, Ocarina's graphics looked better IMO) and though the cutscenes were, of course, wicked awesome, I found that I waited for them more than I wanted to actually play the game. Not so in 6!

6's story did the talking, and you did all the walking. No relying on produced cutscene visual eyecandy crap, this game relied on the talents of the storytellers! Kefka is by far the baddest villain in the FF series to date, Sephiroth is just an overused stigma of what bad guys are supposed to be, he totally belongs in Kingdom Hearts (I like those games, too tho LOL).

A close second is FF4, not the stupid DS remake though. 3d graphics + FF = Fail for ZAT.

Have yet to play 13. Not too excited for it since 12 was just such a convoluted craptastic game fart. In my humblest of opinions, anyways.

Wait what does humble mean? :3
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: The Finalist Fantasy there ever was!   The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Sun May 02, 2010 11:48 pm

Here comes the hate posts...

I have disliked most of the Final Fantasy games. The main reason most of the time is grinding. It totally takes me out of the game. What developers sat around the table one day and decided that it would be a great part to add to the games? Please tell me why you like grinding. I just can't understand why it's fun.

I just beat Final Fantasy 3 on the DS and all the grinding literally put me to sleep. I forced my way through this game. I was even falling in and out of sleep as the ending was rolling. I do try and try to get into this franchise. I buy many of them. I really want to be part of the in crowd here.

My brain is totally backwards too. Of all the FF games I've played, the only ones I've liked are Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (nes) and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time (Wii). I think these two are on the lower end of the totem pole for fans of the series. Crystal Bearers sits in my collection waiting to be played.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The Finalist Fantasy there ever was!   The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 8:51 am

Grinding is fun when the battle system and magic is fun. While many can argue what makes FF's fighting systems great, for me they only get it right about 50% of the time.

FF3 for DS was a lame grindfest with no story to pull you in. Well, no deep story. But the stories get amazing in FF4 & FF6 (and some would argue 7-9, I disagree).

Also how in god's name could you enjoy Echo of Time, it was awful-sounding from all the bugs and such. Heard the same about Crystal Bearers...

No hate, Streex. You have Insmouse, clearly you are ahead of the gamer curve! Wink
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: The Finalist Fantasy there ever was!   The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 2:58 am

I loved Echoes of Time mostly for the online. I've never played an online game with so many different games. There's like 99 different matches you can choose from. I spend hours online with that game. Way more than I did offline. Really addicting.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The Finalist Fantasy there ever was!   The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 9:11 am

Hm... Reviews be damned then! My wife and I really wanted to get this but passed because we would have to buy 2 copies to play with each other, right? No 2 player online on a single disc right?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: The Finalist Fantasy there ever was!   The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 10:28 am

Didn't try but I assume there is no 2 player online with single disc. That seems to be a feature many devs don't think to include.
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Number of posts : 129
Location : Zombies and ghosts are on the loose here. Welcome to Threed.
Coins : 194

PostSubject: Re: The Finalist Fantasy there ever was!   The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 12:32 pm

My favorite Final Fantasy hands down is Final Fantasy 9. I know that I will probably be in the minority here but I enjoyed so much about this title. The characters (while stereotypical) were still original enough to grow attached to them. I loved the locales that were created in this game, and how stunning the graphics looked at the time. The gameplay was also great as I very much enjoy the active turn based battle system and the ability to learn skills through armor and weapons. Most of all, though, I enjoyed the soundtrack. There are so many beautiful tunes from this game that I can't help but hum as I walk along. I suppose I just felt like this Final Fantasy kind of returned to its fantasy roots (unlike VI, VII, and VIII) and it did it so well. A phenomenal experience overall. Too bad my PS1 discs are too scratched to play anymore. The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The Finalist Fantasy there ever was!   The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 12:51 pm

9 was a return to form to be sure, though I would not include 6 on the list. It wasn't quite as "fantasy" I suppose but really it was much more so than 7-and on (minus 9, obviously).

Only complaint is that the story's pace was a tad choppy IMO. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Finalist Fantasy there ever was!   The Finalist Fantasy there ever was! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Finalist Fantasy there ever was!
Page 1 of 1