Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Vote_lcap2100%NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Vote_lcap20%NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Vote_lcap20%NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Vote_lcap2NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. I_voting_barNBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Vote_lcap2NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. I_voting_barNBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:10 pm

oh it gets even better. The PS3 / XBOX live version is free with the purchase of NBA Elite. IT has online something the Wii version does not. But lacks the superstar mode from the Wii version. EA is not selling the title by itself over the online distribution systems.

Quote :
When EA Sports announced the resurrection of the "NBA Jam" franchise back in January as a Wii exclusive title, Nintendo fans celebrated with shouts of "Boom-Shackalacka" while PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers were left shaking their heads in disbelief.

Why wouldn't EA Sports bring one of the most popular gaming franchises of all time to the systems of choice for so many gamers?

Turns out, "NBA Jam" will be coming to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 after all, but not in the way anyone was expecting. In an unprecedented move, EA Sports is packing a free, one-time only download code for "Jam" in every copy of "NBA Elite 11", giving basketball fans two games for just $59.99 when the titles launch October 5.

Included in the downloadable version of "NBA Jam" will be three game modes -- Play Now, Classic Campaign, and Online (up to four players) -- meaning that the new Remix Tour featuring boss battles against legends like Magic Johnson is now exclusive to the Wii version of the game.

"We're still holding back the Remix Tour for the Wii consumer, and that's about 20 hours of gameplay," explains Jordan Edelstein, Vice President of Marketing for EA Sports. "But for the PS3 and 360, we want people to try 'Elite'. We feel like 'NBA Elite 11' is a great product and we want people to give it a chance and see all the changes we're making. So as a way to say thanks to these people, we are going to let them experience 'Jam'. It's not the full product, but it's a good portion of it.

"And the only way to play 'Jam' on the 360 and PS3 is by picking up 'Elite'. There's a one-time use code that will be in every copy of 'Elite', so you just go online and redeem it. We're not selling 'Jam' on PSN or Xbox Live. If you still want the full product, the full experience is on the Wii, but if you pick up 'Elite', you're still getting a good taste of it, especially with the inclusion of online play."

It will be interesting to watch sales as the "Elite"/"Jam" combo double teams the category favorite, "NBA 2K11", on store shelves.

"We're excited about what we have coming with 'Elite'" adds Edelstein. "It's a revolution of how basketball games as a whole will be played. We look at all of sports, and the basketball games as a whole, us and 2K, are the lowest rated sports games. We know we're number two, so we're the ones who can really take a crack at turning the gameplay upside down and not just changing things for change sake, but there's a better way to do this, there's a better way to play.

"'Elite' gives you a meaningful, different way to play a basketball video game, then when you throw 'Jam' into the mix, a game people are really geeked about, we feel like if you're a basketball fan, this is a great value."

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...more=fullstory
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:16 am

The Wii version is the real deal. Full version with Remix Tour which is 20 hours of gameplay alone and other features exclusive to Wii. Still may have online and official price has not yet been released, so it may come out at less than $50.

The PS3/360 versions are the gimped versions, or glorified demos that include online play and can only get as a download, no actual game. A collector can buy that Wii version knowing that it will have substantial value down the road being it will be the only retail copy that can be resold.

I see this as a move that EA had to make to try to get their new NBA Elite game off the ground while still keeping good with the Wii owners. Of course if online doesn't make it that will upset some, but you're getting a lot more game for your buck.

This move has actually backfired already on EA from the HD console owners. They are crying foul for the way NBA Jam is being delivered on the PS3/360. I think they should be happy they are getting it at all. And who knows? EA may give them a retail version down the road too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:52 am

Hm... to me this is EA maybe thinking they made a mistake going exclusive and trying to weasel out of it.

Not typical at all of a company, eh? ;D
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:28 am

Streex wrote:
The Wii version is the real deal. Full version with Remix Tour which is 20 hours of gameplay alone and other features exclusive to Wii. Still may have online and official price has not yet been released, so it may come out at less than $50.

The PS3/360 versions are the gimped versions, or glorified demos that include online play and can only get as a download, no actual game. A collector can buy that Wii version knowing that it will have substantial value down the road being it will be the only retail copy that can be resold.

I see this as a move that EA had to make to try to get their new NBA Elite game off the ground while still keeping good with the Wii owners. Of course if online doesn't make it that will upset some, but you're getting a lot more game for your buck.

This move has actually backfired already on EA from the HD console owners. They are crying foul for the way NBA Jam is being delivered on the PS3/360. I think they should be happy they are getting it at all. And who knows? EA may give them a retail version down the road too.

lol?
Wii = $50 disc based title with the only extra being superstar mode
HD version = everything else for free?

Can you really sit there and think the Wii version is the best option?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:59 am

Absolutely. First, we can only speculate $50 is the price tag. Also, if it is, you are getting 20 extra hours of gameplay, so it would be justified at that price. Nobody can say if online is going to be on Wii yet, so don't just assume it won't, especially after they reportedly have tried the Wii version online. Of course the Wii version is the best option. The others are lacking content. How can a version that isn't complete be the best option? Just because it's free doesn't make it better. I want it the way they invisioned it, not a sampling.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:59 am

To me, NEITHER is complete if each has something the other doesn't.

Like Streex said though, if it does have online (Wii) then it will be the better buy, but you can bet yer ass its gonna be $50 Streex its EA.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:07 pm

OK, it will probably be $50. But you get tons more content. I mean, 20 hours of extra gameplay is 20 hours of extra gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:12 pm

So this is what it's like to double post, eh ZeldAnTales? NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_biggrin

In the press release EA said this:

"If you still want the full product, the full experience is on the Wii"

I don't know about you guys, but when I buy a game, I want the full experience. By using the words 'full experience' I have to believe EA is going to bring online to the Wii version also. If that happens, case closed. There's no reason to buy a basketball game you don't want to get a basketball game you do want.

Which if you think about it, you're paying $60 for a glorified demo because anybody that likes sim basketball games is going to go with 2K''s title this year. It has Jordan.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:54 am

The double-post is an unsettling occurrence, eh?

Here's how I read the quote: "Both consumer divisions (Wii and PS3/M$) please piss away your money on this game that promises to be identical to the old one with vamped up graphics and maybe the ability to play some snot nosed kid you've never met. We are confident you're all idiots who do not have the ability to discern re-hashed crap with... other crap."

J/k but seriously I think this is gonna suffer from Punch-Out syndrome and just not be worth $50 to me... UNLESS there is online play.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:41 am

There is a very nice article on it in the new Nintendo Power with new screenshots. I'm getting hyped. Online or no online, I haven't played a new NBA Jam game in a long time and this should fill that void.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:18 pm

If there is no online what is there thats new to the table, Streex? I can see loving a franchise but there has only been 1 REAL NBA Jam so its hardly in anyones best interest to give it (especially being made by EA they fail constantly) the benefit of the doubt that it will be anything cool.

Online, at least I could play my friends from home.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:48 pm

New being the 20 hours of extra content Wii owners get. The Remix tour where you get to battle against NBA legends. Plus just being able to play with current players. The old game is fun still, but you have the old early 90's rosters. So you get current rosters, NBA greats of old, the remix tour, the campaign mode. A lot more than the Super NES version had. Online for me is just the icing on the cake.

You seem to be very hostile when it comes to EA. They can make some crappers but there are a number of EA games I have enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:50 pm

I can't name 5 EA games I've liked.

But yeah, I hate EA and Ubisoft more than Sweet 'N' Low.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Confirmed no Wii online via EA twitter...

http://twitter.com/sk88z/status/23122648117

looks like the free version with NBA elite really is the best value.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:29 am

Always the bearer of bad news Triz. NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_mad

For me, the Wii version is still the version to get. Of course, if online is all you care about, then the $60 NBA Elite purchase just to get NBA Jam is what you'll do. I'm going to have a load of fun with all the other content the Wii version will offer, that the glorified online demo won't.

Online, like I've said in previous posts, is not as big to me as it is to some of you. But since neither version will have everything, consider both versions coming up short. It will be interesting to see how all this pans out for EA come tip-off.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:18 am

Ah, Streex. Remember the good old days with Quinn, Nodnarb, and NBA Live 95? When the baby pulled everything out of the old games cabinet the other day, it was that game I picked up off the floor that got me to reminiscing.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:02 am

Ah yes, a testament to the local multiplayer experience being superior to the online multiplayer experience. For reasons like this make me believe that NBA Jam will be even greater on Wii with friends over.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:05 am

Im so pissed I bought the Wii version...

Ea announced yesterday that the game is coming out mid November as stand alone title for PS3 and 360 with all the features of Wii version + online....for the same price.

Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:29 am

Wow I can't say I didn't see this coming, and so should you have, Triz!

The non-inclusion of Online play was the dumbest, clowniest, fuck-nuttiest decision I think they could have ever made.

Lets hope with the 3DS and the next console Nintendo will gain some hold on its online community, and come through with a robust online system.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:08 am

Yeah, thanks for screwing us, EA.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:34 am

So what does everyone thnk of the actual gameplay on this?

I've had some hands on time with the motion controls, and I have to say I thought they sucked. It doesn't feel like, say, Wii Sports Resorts Basketball, where a flick of your rist makes all the difference. This stiff waggle simply replaces a button press.

Now, thats not to say that the game isnt fun. Its pretty cool, the commentary is at times brilliantly hilarious, and the big head mode is obviously the best way to play.

With the announcement of online for PSN and Live, the Wii version CAN SUCK IT HARD.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:47 am

Too harsh bro! I love this game! Screw online! I'm working local multiplayer to the bone and it's a blast. The motion control replaces button presses, this is true. No motion plus here. But I have to say...slamming my remote down to do a slam feels better than...pushing 'A'. Brings you into the experience more.

I love how easy it is to set up alleyoops. We're pulling these off all day. Unlocking legends...awesome. I haven't even dived into the other portions of the game yet. Love the difficulty. First 3 tries on medium with the game and could only close the gap to 3. Finally had to lower it to easy to stroke our egos. More practice needed here, but I love that I actually have to practice to get better at a game finally. I miss the days of difficult games. I miss trying over and over to accomplish something. I miss no more. I got NBA Jam.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:59 am

Having an inaccurate flick of a wrist replace a button press is not more immersible, IMO. Its bothersome, and cumbersome to boot. Give me classic controller.

Still- this is not worth $50 to me. Its just... meh. Kirby and DK will keep me plenty more busy.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:50 am

If it's a classic controller you want, it is compatible. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.   NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

NBA JAm multiplatform confirmed.
Page 1 of 1