Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Final Fantasy 4 Vote_lcap2100%Final Fantasy 4 Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Final Fantasy 4 Vote_lcap20%Final Fantasy 4 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Final Fantasy 4 Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Final Fantasy 4 Vote_lcap2Final Fantasy 4 I_voting_barFinal Fantasy 4 Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Final Fantasy 4 Vote_lcap2Final Fantasy 4 I_voting_barFinal Fantasy 4 Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Final Fantasy 4

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

Final Fantasy 4 Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy 4   Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:26 am

Final Fantasy 4 939425_20080624_screen016

Another Final Fantasy game that didn't speak to me. I will however mention the things it improved upon from part 3.

• No more chibi characters in the overworld map. The graphic style is pretty even across the board.
  • Enemy animations in battle. They no longer just sit there and then flash when about to attack.
  • New battle system takes some getting used to, but in the end feels like a fresh alternative to standard turn based battle
  • Grinding is minimal.
There's no hope for me. I'm doomed to dislike most FF games I play. I played through 1-4 over the course of a year but I'm going to take a break from the franchise before I dive into part 5.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

Final Fantasy 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 4   Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Well first of all, 4 is the only FF you have played thats worth even half a shit. 2, you haven't played 6. 6 is the best (better than all 7-13 as well) and is much better in every way.

4 was the tits though, I never played this unnecessary 3d remake though...
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Final Fantasy 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 4   Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:12 am

I played 6 when it was known as 3 on the Super NES back in the day. Not too fond of that one either. 5 would be the last one on a Nintendo system that I haven't played yet.

I'm not sure why I keep giving Square Enix my money for a franchise I obviously don't like. Maybe it's because it is so huge with a large fan base that makes me at least stay in the loop.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Final Fantasy 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 4   Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:24 am

5 is only ok. For gba only on our side of the ocean, well unless you get the playstation anthology.

What was it about 6 you didn't like?????? The story was amazing, it looked great, the battle system was "fixed..."
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Final Fantasy 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 4   Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:12 pm

The story kinda got lame after awhile and the ending was even worse. Correct my memory if I'm wrong, but what ruins it the most is the fact that character classes are thrown out the window. All the characters can use magic. Why have different classes of characters if they can all unleash the most powerful magic spells on the bosses? Since the magic spells were so powerful and everyone could use them then it made the game too easy, and I like my games a little challenging. And as you know in all the other games, the stronger the spell the more MP it consumes. Not in this game! Unleash the deadliest spell you got always! Uses the same MP as the spell you got at the beginning of the game. Like always, the graphics and music is all top notch, something the FF games are noteworthy of, but pretty graphics don't pacify me.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Final Fantasy 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 4   Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:45 pm

I don't know what 6 you played man, but it wasn't THAT easy. And as far as magic is concerned, not everyone could use the same magic and my MP points were always quite varied... :\

And your story bashing, well... I'd be upset but you are playing Mission Impossible on your 64 man. I don't trust you! Razz
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

Final Fantasy 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 4   Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:08 pm

I liked 6, and the story was almost as good as 4, but I have to agree with Streex about the magic. I think FF games have gone a little too far in customizability. I can understand that some people like it, but I prefer specific classes that all have their own strengths and weaknesses. I like them to be tied to a character- to be a part of that character, which in turn is part of a well-thought-out plot. I like an RPG to tell a story- not give me so many options that the story gets lost in the shuffle.

I did not like espers. Or materia. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Final Fantasy 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 4   Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:41 pm

FF 6 was a cakewalk compared to 3. FF3 gets my award for the most needless amount of grinding.

When it comes to Mission: Impossible...a game like that I don't require a deep storyline for. On action/adventure games more rests on gameplay, whereas with RPG's a lot more rides on the story and character development. For me the story just fell over about halfway and some of the characters weren't even developed at all.

With that said, I do like some of the oddest games and dislike some of the best. Drank too much Robitussin as a kid. drunken

Off topic ZeldAnTales but how is DragonQuest IX coming along? Beat it yet?
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Final Fantasy 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 4   Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:29 pm

I have put 86 hours into it, I have been finishing up random side quests and grinding for my required level of 45 minimum per character. I just have to do the last Boss battle and the first part of the game is over.

Of course, afterward a new side-story is opened, and many other sweet extras are accessible. So far this is the best game of 2010 for me, I'm not saying in the whole of Gamingdom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Final Fantasy 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 4   Final Fantasy 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy 4
Page 1 of 1