Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
New Year Gaming Resolutions Vote_lcap2100%New Year Gaming Resolutions Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
New Year Gaming Resolutions Vote_lcap20%New Year Gaming Resolutions Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
New Year Gaming Resolutions Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
New Year Gaming Resolutions Vote_lcap2New Year Gaming Resolutions I_voting_barNew Year Gaming Resolutions Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
New Year Gaming Resolutions Vote_lcap2New Year Gaming Resolutions I_voting_barNew Year Gaming Resolutions Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

New Year Gaming Resolutions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:30 am

We always hear about all the typical New Year resolutions but how about some fun gaming resolutions?

My gaming resolutions this year:

Beat 50 games. I want to put a dent in the backlog. It seems every year that passes I acquire more games than I beat. I need to stop that trend.

Get at least 4 new gaming shirts. Need to show my gaming love more to the public.

Become a multi-console gamer by purchasing a PS3. Of all the resolutions, this is the one I most likely will break. A monumental day for me if it should happen.

Gaming resolutions anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:30 am

Getting you to buy a ps3 (or, really, a ps2 would be better for you unless you find a backwards compatible ps3). IMO
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Streex wrote:
Become a multi-console gamer by purchasing a PS3.

Don't do it!!! Shocked NOOOOOOO!!!!

Plus, you think your backlog is bad now?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:31 pm

A backwards compatible PS3 is the fat model no? Would be cheaper but the slim attracts me more.

Don't worry Antilles! I wouldn't buy PS3 games, just rent them.

Don't you guys have any gaming resolutions?
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:27 am

Well mine is a resolution not withstanding the new year. I am to own at least 1000 games before I am 30. I'm at 821 right now, so its looking pretty good. At this rate I gotta get about 2 games a week (a little less) to meet the goal. Shouldn't be too tough. > : D

Um, maybe the other one should be to finish Spirit Tracks and Link's Awakening DX for once.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:28 am

Streex wrote:
A backwards compatible PS3 is the fat model no? Would be cheaper but the slim attracts me more.

Don't worry Antilles! I wouldn't buy PS3 games, just rent them.

Don't you guys have any gaming resolutions?

The only full BC PS3 units are the orignal 60 and 20gb units. Not only do they carry a premium on the used markets thier reliability is shit. It would be better to get a slim and a PS2 if you want BC.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:38 pm

ZeldAnTales wrote:
Well mine is a resolution not withstanding the new year. I am to own at least 1000 games before I am 30. I'm at 821 right now, so its looking pretty good. At this rate I gotta get about 2 games a week (a little less) to meet the goal. Shouldn't be too tough. > : D

Um, maybe the other one should be to finish Spirit Tracks and Link's Awakening DX for once.
I remember you talking about that 1000 game goal on Facebook. That will be a glorious day when you reach it. Throw a huge gaming party when you do. Maybe hold a marathon where you play a little of each in a 24 hour period. Definitely finish those Zelda games. If you don't you'll have to change your name to DragonTales (for Dragon Quest), which will make it sound like you're a big fan of that kid's show Dragon Tales.
Triz wrote:

The only full BC PS3 units are the orignal 60 and 20gb units. Not only do they carry a premium on the used markets thier reliability is shit. It would be better to get a slim and a PS2 if you want BC.

I thought all the PS3's were pretty reliable. Have you had a PS3 junk on you?

I couldn't get a BC PS3 anyways. Wouldn't fit through the front door.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Streex wrote:
I thought all the PS3's were pretty reliable.

Naw, they're just more reliable than a Microsoft machine, but what isn't?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:56 pm

At one point early on I read the PS3 was as reliable as the Wii...but my Wii died so I suppose PS3's did too. I also read there were some online issues with the PS3, where it wouldn't work and even lock you out of the game offline.

Is there anything less reliable that a 360? I bet even the Sega CD was more reliable. Atari Jaguar?
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:59 am

Streex wrote:
Is there anything less reliable than a 360?

Yes, it's called a Windows PC.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:07 am

Aw, my computer has crashed less than my 360 did! My pc everytime it crashed at least I could fix it myself. LOL

I think the consensus is Wii>PS3>360 in terms of percentage of failure. Weird Windows recognizes the spelling of "PS3" but not "Wii." LOL

Man finishing Spirit Tracks will be tough, I really think its a turd.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:24 am

I'm working on Phantom Hourglass right now. I'm starting to see why people didn't like the temple of the ocean king, but I still have things I like about it.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:14 pm

That's the weird thing! I thoroughly enjoyed Phantom Hourglass despite the Temple. But something about Spirit Tracks is just... lazy feeling to me.

A lot of it just feels like PH, except outer world travel is now an inconvenient train where an instant kill by those freaking trains occurs randomly. Only happened once, but I was like 3 hours in without a save (I know, noob move but I was just zoned) so it really screwed me.

In other forums I'm a member of, I heard talk of the story this, new character that, and honestly I was not impressed. The new character is a friggin' gay zombie leprechaun idiot who is as 2 dimensional as they come.

I digress. Lets just hope the next handheld is a little more creative.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:58 pm

My PS3 is the only system I have this gen that hasnt failed. But I have the rare 20gb unit (of course with a mauch larger HDD now) and those dont fail as much as the 60gb units.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Windows for PC has failed me twice. Oh hey...Microsoft at work again. They sure know how to make hardware.

I think a part of the reason you don't like Spirit Tracks is that lost 3 hours from lack of save Z. I know that takes me out of a game (I do it now and then.) I did it just recently where I put in about 4 hours of Final Fantasy 5 Advance without saving and had a strong enemy come out of nowhere and demolish me.

But I loved both of those handheld Zelda titles. Somewhat similar and different at the same time. The leprechaun was lame and I've had my share of instant deaths to the trains but I always had it saved minutes prior before going into the danger zone. I loved the parts where there are trains that home in on you. Loved getting at the crossroads to throw them off and then zoom in the other direction, turn around and start blasting trying to hurry to the next town.
Back to top Go down
Matthew999
Yoshi
Yoshi
Matthew999

Number of posts : 341
Coins : 709

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Well at least I'm ahead of Z in one respect: I finished Spirit Tracks. I really did enjoy that game. A much better improvement of PH I thought because the boat in PH bored me after the whole game in WW sailing. I also hated the Temple of the Ocean King which you had to do over and over again. At least in ST you started where you left off. The only thing that annoyed me about ST was the damn trains. I shouldn't have to spend like 5 minutes trying to get to the next town in the same realm without being destroyed by a train that goes faster than you!

As for a gaming resolution mine is a simple one: to get a 3DS. These are going to be one expensive machine in Australia and I have no money right now. Other than that I plan to catch up a bit on some previous games I've missed and to get some stuff that isn't in Australia (like a red Wii remote and some Club Nintendo stuff)
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:46 pm

I love PH. Top reason: sequel to WW. I loved WW, and I love the music which is a variation on WW music. I like both forms of sailing, for different reasons. I like being able to fight in the boat while moving, somewhat like how you could much better fight from Epona in TP. Very fun.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:32 pm

Streex wrote:
Windows for PC has failed me twice. Oh hey...Microsoft at work again. They sure know how to make hardware.

I think a part of the reason you don't like Spirit Tracks is that lost 3 hours from lack of save Z. I know that takes me out of a game (I do it now and then.) I did it just recently where I put in about 4 hours of Final Fantasy 5 Advance without saving and had a strong enemy come out of nowhere and demolish me.

But I loved both of those handheld Zelda titles. Somewhat similar and different at the same time. The leprechaun was lame and I've had my share of instant deaths to the trains but I always had it saved minutes prior before going into the danger zone. I loved the parts where there are trains that home in on you. Loved getting at the crossroads to throw them off and then zoom in the other direction, turn around and start blasting trying to hurry to the next town.
Not nitpicking but windows failing typically isn't a hardware problem:) and if it was that hardware more than likey isn't a ms problem.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Triz wrote:
Not nitpicking but windows failing typically isn't a hardware problem:) and if it was that hardware more than likely isn't a ms problem.

I saw that, too, but I assumed he just meant software. The take-away is that when stuff goes wrong and MS is involved... it's probably MS's fault.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:07 am

Um...yeah. Re-reading my post didn't even make sense to me. LOL. Mixup of words. Meant to write "They sure know how to make hardware and software." Maybe. You know what I mean. Guilty as charged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Year Gaming Resolutions   New Year Gaming Resolutions Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New Year Gaming Resolutions
Page 1 of 1