Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Remote Racers for DSiWare Vote_lcap2100%Remote Racers for DSiWare Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Remote Racers for DSiWare Vote_lcap20%Remote Racers for DSiWare Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Remote Racers for DSiWare Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Remote Racers for DSiWare Vote_lcap2Remote Racers for DSiWare I_voting_barRemote Racers for DSiWare Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Remote Racers for DSiWare Vote_lcap2Remote Racers for DSiWare I_voting_barRemote Racers for DSiWare Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Remote Racers for DSiWare

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Remote Racers for DSiWare   Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:38 am

Remote Racers from Qubic Games is a 3d arcade-style racing game for download on the DSi shop.

Remote Racers for DSiWare 622369_20110217_screen001

There are 3 game modes. The first mode is a "grand prix" mode, sort of. That is to say, the main objective is to get first place in 1 of 4 different races (which are also available for play in the other two modes). These are not 4 back to back races, though. You must race them separately. You can achieve bronze, silver, or gold status depending on how fast you finished (and assuming you got 1st place). Of course, the better you do, the more things you unlock. More on unlockables later.

The second mode is a simple race vs. an assortment of computer opponents (sadly, no multiplayer for this game) in which the objective is to... get first place. Here, your time is not a factor as there are no titles (bronze, gold, etc) to achieve. Here, you win and receive points for coming in first. These points are part of the unlocking system, it should be noted.

The third mode is a time trial mode, having you go for the fastest lap time. When you get a new record, more points for you!

The game is a typical kart racer in that there are weapons to utilize to gain the upper hand. Only 3, so variety isn't in the cards in terms of strategy. You gain these power ups by hitting green gems placed throughout the tracks. Some later unlockable vehicles come with weapons built into them, which makes them unfair in many instances, especially when you are hit by a missile AND a bomb at the beginning of the race. As in the very beginning. Not good for my best lap records, lol.

Now to the unlockables. At first, you start with only 2 vehicles, a racecar and a monster truck. As you tackle the time trials, prix mode, and vs modes you rack up points for unlocking the 6 other vehicles on offer, as well as the 15 stages on offer. Not bad for $5, right? Each vehicle handles pretty differently, and as I previously said some of them have sneaky tricks that give them a slight advantage. The stages get crazier and more complex as they are unlocked as well.

The graphics are pretty solid, at times they can get boring, as the color scheme seems a tad dull. I had a slight tiff with boundary issues, sometimes my kart would hit a hill, and instead of climbing up it, it would send me into polygon darkness, where the entire screen became black (except for the exhaust from my vehicle) and I was basically stuck in limbo until pressing L and R to right myself on track. It happened more than once.

The music is so-so, the quality of it is decent but the actual music is typical and forgettable. The lay-out is nice, and it struck me as interesting that you can't even use the touch screen to select the levels. this is all button presses, baby.

For 500 points, you could do a lot worse than Remote Racers. I found myself really wanting to get that best time, so I could unlock whichever course/vehicle looked cool to me. A few nigglings aside, I recommend this as a valiant effort in downloadable gaming, especially in the much neglected racing/kart genre. 3.8/5
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Remote Racers for DSiWare   Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:12 pm

Very nice review ZeldAnTales. I'll post this to the site later tonight and send an email to QubicGames with a link to the review so they can see what you thought of it. They'll be sending others to read your review!

So what game do you want for your hard work? bom
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Remote Racers for DSiWare   Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Zombie Panic in Wonderland, please! Loved the demo!!!

And this Remote Racers really surprised me, it is pretty damn fun.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Remote Racers for DSiWare   Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:54 am

Got the game over to ya!

Review is ready to be published but now I'm having some hardware issues. Apple just doesn't make 'em like they used to. I'm really pissed at Apple right now. This issue isn't as severe as the last problem in January but really. Apple and their whole Genius Bar thing is so lame. More like the Moron bar.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Remote Racers for DSiWare   Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:24 am

I hate Apple shit.

It lacks everything in a computer that I want: customization. Maybe it has good programs for it, but for the money I'd rather build my own pc (which I did!)

But yeah- you gonna try this (Remote Racers) game out, Streex? Thanks for Zombie Panic, a review of that will be coming soon!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Remote Racers for DSiWare   Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:16 pm

I think eventually I will be getting Remote Racers. It looks like one of the better titles for DSiWare.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Remote Racers for DSiWare   Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:37 am

Things are settled once again. ZeldAnTales, got your review posted HERE and HERE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remote Racers for DSiWare   Remote Racers for DSiWare Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Remote Racers for DSiWare
Page 1 of 1