Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » Memory Card
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
    Poll
    Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
    I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? Vote_lcap2100%3DS. What are your opinions over it? Vote_rcap2
     100% [ 5 ]
    Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? Vote_lcap20%3DS. What are your opinions over it? Vote_rcap2
     0% [ 0 ]
    Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? Vote_lcap20%3DS. What are your opinions over it? Vote_rcap2
     0% [ 0 ]
    Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
     0% [ 0 ]
    Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
     0% [ 0 ]
    Total Votes : 5
    Facebook
    Ninfest on Facebook
    Gallery
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? Empty
    Top posters
    Streex (4373)
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? Vote_lcap23DS. What are your opinions over it? I_voting_bar3DS. What are your opinions over it? Vote_rcap2 
    ZeldAnTales (2909)
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? Vote_lcap23DS. What are your opinions over it? I_voting_bar3DS. What are your opinions over it? Vote_rcap2 
    Antilles (1555)
    Nintendo Furniture (1087)
    Triz (1086)
    Matthew999 (341)
    Lier X Agerate (129)
    WildCard (115)
    ShagTheTruth (114)
    Incognito (71)
    May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    CalendarCalendar

3DS. What are your opinions over it?

Go down 
    +3
    ZeldAnTales
    Streex
    ShagTheTruth
    7 posters
    Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
    AuthorMessage
    ShagTheTruth
    Pit
    Pit
    ShagTheTruth

Number of posts : 114
    Coins : 238

PostSubject: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:10 am

I'm somewhat skeptical about the way gaming and movies at that, are turning to this "3d" effect. How are serious movies ever going to need 3D effects to portray the meaning of the movie, or the story. Why would Neo need to be 3D for us to enjoy the first matrix movie. He doesn't, so why is 3D in such demand?

Idk if I like the sound of 3D games, because honestly, and ik this was almost 20+ years ago, but the virtual boy just gives me a head ache, and I don't need hi-def 3d effects to be giving me a head ache. When I play a video game it is in the intention of playing for hours or just to squeeze in as much gaming as I can before I become busy. After a 3D movie im somewhat glad it's over and I don't want that to be the case for my video games.

Although I will have to say, 3D is the next step towards virtual reality. That is the only thing I like about this 3D step.

Any other Opinions?
    Back to top Go down
    Streex
    Admin
    Streex

Number of posts : 4373
    Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:26 am

I'm hoping that not needing to look through special lenses makes the impact on the eyes a little softer. I'm not too concerned personally since 3D movies and the Virtual Boy never gave me any headaches. The only problem I got from the VB...after playing for more than an hour straight, I'd look around the room and everything would have a red tint to it. This effect wore off in about 10 seconds. Nintendo knows the faults the VB had so 15 years working with 3D tech, they should have a better product this time around.

If the 3DS still gives people discomfort...yikes.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.ninfest.com
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
    Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:13 am

3d is a fad, its true. But the first thing you should note about the 3ds is its ability to turn off the 3d effect. So right there, all your concerns can go out the window.

And its not about a movie needing 3d for its story, quite the opposite. 3d is for movies without one, or at least a decent one, like Clash of The Titans. Roger Ebert makes that same argument in a piece he wrote.

Also the Matrix would totally benefit from 3d because those movies are pieces of dogshit.
    Back to top Go down
    Streex
    Admin
    Streex

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:55 am

Roger Ebert doesn't believe video games are art. What he says doesn't count. Don't taint your thought with his name.

I think 3D has been waiting for the right time to spring on us. With cost and technology coming to an agreement in the middle, it's probably here to stay. The option of turning it off is vital especially since it is not recommended for children under the age of 7 whose eyes are still adjusting/developing/maturing (pick a word) Smile

We're almost there 3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_idea . The 3D that requires glasses will be the fad part. This parallax screen Nintendo has on the 3DS is what may very well be the tech on tomorrow's TV's. Since it only has one viewpoint of 3D, they (not sure who) are hard at work to create a nine viewpoint 3D screen without glasses. When that is a reality, that is when you should buy a 3D TV. Hopefully they put a button on the remote so you can tone down the 3D effects for smaller eyes in the room or for those that don't care for it.

As for the Matrix movies being crap....whut u talkin bout ZeldAnTales???
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:48 am

The first movie had a decent enough plot (I will forgive the pathetic dialogue and shitty editing) and campy enough acting for me to sit through it. Hell, as a young teen who knew nothing of cinema I thought it was fantastic (I also thought Independence Day was fantastic, take from that what you want).

By the time the 2nd rolled around, they had fashioned a dogturd. The rave scene? The acting? It all just got worse and worse.
    Back to top Go down
    Nintendo Furniture
    Moogle
    Moogle
    Nintendo Furniture

Number of posts : 1087
    Coins : 270

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Now see even I have a problem with the 3D effect. Just because graphics seems to be okay doesn't mean it's everything that everyone needs. I mean, do you even see or heard on any kind of shows or forums that people didn't actually care much about the effects. I mean it's really okay with the nice looking graphics, but that's not the whole f**king point! You also want better Gameplay, better Story, better Plots, and many more that you like to see and think. Seriously there just making these 3D effect stuff like a piece of bull f**k! What I mean is if you want to make a better 3D graphics, why not just make.......no.......better question. Why not just focus on what people wanted from the next generations of these games!
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Lots of morons think good graphics are a necessity. I can't fully agree, though if a game's graphics are shitty it sure does detour me from playing.
    Back to top Go down
    Antilles
    TJ Combo
    TJ Combo
    Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
    Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:15 pm

I don't think I'll buy the 3DS...
    Back to top Go down
    Streex
    Admin
    Streex

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:46 pm

Antilles wrote:
    I don't think I'll buy the 3DS...
    Quit lying to yourself.
    Back to top Go down
    Antilles
    TJ Combo
    TJ Combo
    Antilles

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:11 am

Naw, I was thinking about it. See, I figure I'll wait until after the 3DS lLight comes out. I won't get that, either, nor the 3DSi, but I will probably jump on the 3DSi XL. Then we can all look forward to the Super 3DS that lets you play 3DS games on your 3DTV by hooking it to the Wii2. (Wii3?)
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:38 am

I'm buying a Colecovision.
    Back to top Go down
    Streex
    Admin
    Streex

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:10 am

Antilles wrote:
    Naw, I was thinking about it. See, I figure I'll wait until after the 3DS lLight comes out. I won't get that, either, nor the 3DSi, but I will probably jump on the 3DSi XL. Then we can all look forward to the Super 3DS that lets you play 3DS games on your 3DTV by hooking it to the Wii2. (Wii3?)

ZeldAnTales wrote:
    I'm buying a Colecovision.
    You guys are blowing my mind. No 3DS but yes to Colecovision. You can't just keep waiting for the next bigger or better system, you'll be waiting forever. New hardware is coming out all the time! And what is spurring this Colecovision fever ZeldAnTales? Pure collector reasons?
    Back to top Go down
    Antilles
    TJ Combo
    TJ Combo
    Antilles

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm waiting for Colecovision 3D.

Silly Streex, I'm kidding. Of course I'll get the 3DS when it comes out. Nintendo did screw up, though, letting the cat out of the bag before the DSi XL even came out. I almost certainly would have bought a DSi XL, since I'm still using the DS Phat.
    Back to top Go down
    Antilles
    TJ Combo
    TJ Combo
    Antilles

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:51 pm

ShagTheTruth wrote:
    I'm somewhat skeptical about the way gaming and movies at that, are turning to this "3d" effect.

Although I will have to say, 3D is the next step towards virtual reality. That is the only thing I like about this 3D step.

I know what you mean, Shag. I'm seldom on board with fads, but I have a feeling about this one. I don't think it's just a fad. Also, I wonder what skeptics said about adding sound to movies? Or color? Let's not forget, we live in a 3D world that includes both sound and color, so every step we can take towards reality can only help. I don't think 3D will hurt movies or games any more than any other type of fancy special effect. Special effects can be leaned on like a crutch, (The Matrix, Jurrasic Park, Independence Day- or whichever special effects movie you hated,) or they can a great movie even better without getting in the way, (Titanic.)

If we were always going to be dealing with glasses, I'd still be skeptical, but the 3DS proves that there is a better way on the horizon. Games have even more to gain from 3D than movies. As some developers have pointed out, the 3D aids GREATLY with depth perception. Up until now, in games like Mario 64, they've had to rely on environmental cues like shadows to help players hit things in a 3D space, and even so, jumping on a goomba in Mario Galaxy is still much harder than in New Super Mario Wii. (Yes, you're dealing with an extra dimension, but that's only part of the difficulty. The lack of depth perception is a real handicap.) They're re-releasing things like Star Fox 64 to show people just how much better that extra dimension can make gameplay, even for games that already existed. It's not just something that's pretty to look at, (though in many games, I'm sure that will be the extent of it,) but it can and will strongly influence gameplay in many areas.
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:30 pm

There is no part of that sentence I didn't like.

As for Colecovision, I too am kidding. If its not Ninty or Sega odds are I'd rather own feces.
    Back to top Go down
    Streex
    Admin
    Streex

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:51 pm

Thanks for clearing that up guys, you really had me worried. 3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_wink

Agreed, 3D glasses WILL be the fad part of 3D. Expect the glasses to fall off in about 5 years. Especially with the strain it can put on your eyes. And no one wants to be looking around for a misplaced pair of glasses.

I think the big problem looming with 3D is the effect it can have on young children. Right now no one wants to pony up the money to do the research so they are just putting the 'no one under 7 should view' label. Being in a position where my kids will be under this age as we enter the 3D era raises some concerns for me. I'd like my kids to play the 3DS but I'm hoping there is some way to put a parental lock on 3D viewing just in case. It's too easy for a child to hit that 3D slider. And what of future non 3D glasses TV's? Hopefully there will be a lock on that as well. I just don't want my kids to grow up with eye problems all in the name of an extra dimension.
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:23 am

If people under 7 shouldn't view 3D should any of us, really? Is it worth it? We do already see in 3d people!!!
    Back to top Go down
    Antilles
    TJ Combo
    TJ Combo
    Antilles

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:00 am

Yes, Tales, but their eyes are still developing. The 3D we see on the screen isn't the same as real 3D. It's a trick- an optical illusion. It's conceivable that would be bad for developing eyes.
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 pm

Well I hear so many people get headaches from it, as well... maybe it isn't just developing eyes that shouldn't view it... Just a thought.
    Back to top Go down
    Antilles
    TJ Combo
    TJ Combo
    Antilles

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:53 pm

Headaches don't mean permanent damage is being done. They just mean someone's a panzy. If you get headaches...well... you either deal with it or don't do whatever causes the headaches. No need for a warning label there. Many things that affect development, though, have no warning signs to let you know something's going wrong. For that, studies might be useful.
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:43 pm

They don't mean permanent damage but it could mean such a thing. I'm just saying even with studies we never truly know how it will effect us until after the fact. Look at the preservatives issue, or the vaccination issue. We did things with the best studies available and some of it was a mistake (I suppose that is opinion, but my point is made).

I haven't even seen a 3d movie, nor do I really have an urge to as I said earlier, I already see things in 3 dimensions, some stupid eye trick is, to me, akin to an eye-puzzle game or something. Novel, but soon to be trite.
    Back to top Go down
    Antilles
    TJ Combo
    TJ Combo
    Antilles

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:01 pm

I think they do worry about permenent damage, at least in the form of warped development. You're right, though- we can't rely on studies. I was just agreeing with Streex or whoever thought that studies should be done. They're better than nothing.

As for tricks, well, technically the sound we hear and the images we see on the TV are already a trick. The images are only digital and analog reproductions with colors being reproduced by light sources that try their best to match the original subject, but are often off and are regularly manipulated by the user. Sound is similarly manipulated and, heck, it doesn't even come from the images you're watching!

Actually, come to think of it, I'm starting to think talkies are overrated. Do they have silent movies on Blu-Ray? I may need to pick some of those up.
    Back to top Go down
    Streex
    Admin
    Streex

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:26 pm

The best studies with things like hormone injected animals and vaccinations get swept under the rug by the almighty dollar of those that would lose a lot of money should we oppose such things. Over time things like girls hitting puberty earlier and side effects of vaccinations have reared their ugly head and money slowly loses a grip when the problems become too heavy.

I suppose with 3D we could start the studies now but won't know the outcome several years down the road. I'd think it best to be safe than sorry and take the precautions now rather than regret it later when the next generation grows up populated with crazy eyed freaks. Or maybe they'll be the only ones that will be able to see 4D naturally!

It's like the question how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop.
    The world may never know.
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:34 pm

Especially when people like me bite the damn things. Wink
    Back to top Go down
    Streex
    Admin
    Streex

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:17 am

Can you believe only 3 days until the Japanese 3DS event? Like every other time I get overly excited...I must dance the worm.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

3DS. What are your opinions over it?
    Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next