Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » Memory Card
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
    Poll
    Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
    I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Vote_lcap2100%3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2
     100% [ 5 ]
    Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2
     0% [ 0 ]
    Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2
     0% [ 0 ]
    Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
     0% [ 0 ]
    Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
     0% [ 0 ]
    Total Votes : 5
    Facebook
    Ninfest on Facebook
    Gallery
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Empty
    Top posters
    Streex (4373)
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Vote_lcap23DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 I_voting_bar3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 
    ZeldAnTales (2909)
    3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Vote_lcap23DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 I_voting_bar3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 
    Antilles (1555)
    Nintendo Furniture (1087)
    Triz (1086)
    Matthew999 (341)
    Lier X Agerate (129)
    WildCard (115)
    ShagTheTruth (114)
    Incognito (71)
    May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    CalendarCalendar

3DS. What are your opinions over it?

Go down 
    +3
    ZeldAnTales
    Streex
    ShagTheTruth
    7 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
    AuthorMessage
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
    Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:52 am

"Sony is once again not innovating. They are cramming a bunch of power under the hood and trying to perfect others ideas (i.e. Move). When Nintendo is moving past 3D with another innovation to portable gaming, Sony will be releasing a new handheld with better 3D."

Not surprised.

PSP2 will be impressively technically while failing to deliver what handhelds want.
    How the hell did I end up on a Christian website?

Seriously... The NGP? Next Generation Portable? Fucking A Sony has no creative thought process.
    Also to be honest I think the touch screens of the DS were always overemphasized, oftentimes not even being used in the games I liked the most (DragonQuest 9, Chronotrigger, Mariokart). But the slider means there can be games that dont necessarily use the 3d, who knows. I don't really care.
    Back to top Go down
    Streex
    Admin
    Streex

Number of posts : 4373
    Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:02 am

The Christian Science Monitor? LOL. Maybe I should start going there for all my NGP news.
    That really is a bland name for the handheld if it becomes official. Sony is usually creative with their branding but that surely isn't. Hopefully they change it in the months to come. What scares me is the touch control on the back of the system. When Nintendo does something like that they always have a mountain of creative ideas to implement it into games. Sony I bet is doing this just to do something different and hope developers figure out a way to make it happen.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.ninfest.com
    Triz
    Moogle
    Moogle
    Triz

Number of posts : 1086
    Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:39 pm

well they sure as shit cant call it the PSP2 with the failure that PSP was in the states.
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:09 pm

Hahaha that is true. I dunno ngp just makes me think "nigga plz"
    Back to top Go down
    Matthew999
    Yoshi
    Yoshi
    Matthew999

Number of posts : 341
    Coins : 709

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:00 pm

What about in 10 years time you pull out the NGP and think its just silly calling it a next generation portable when many more have come out.
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:23 am

Mr. 999 with the big picture!
    Back to top Go down
    Triz
    Moogle
    Moogle
    Triz

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:46 pm

to be fair if its just Sony and Ninty in the handheld console race it will still outpreform anything Nintendo releases with the way they handle hardware ROFL.
    Back to top Go down
    Antilles
    TJ Combo
    TJ Combo
    Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
    Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:12 pm

True dat. If you want to wait on the lazy companies to copy Nintendo's successes, and pay significantly more in the process, (at least Apple copycats do it cheaper!) go right ahead. You won't get the outstanding Nintendo first party games, of course, assuming you get anything worthwhile at all, and you'll be just in time to watch Nintendo suddenly innovate yet again.
    Back to top Go down
    Matthew999
    Yoshi
    Yoshi
    Matthew999

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:49 am

And the moment has arrived when I found out when I can get the 3DS. Its coming to Australia on March 31st for $349.95. I'm not happy with the $100 extra price than what you guys will be paying. The package and colours are the same as you guys as well.
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:17 am

Damn! And Australian currency is almost identical to Us $. BUMMER, Matt. Sad
    Back to top Go down
    Streex
    Admin
    Streex

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:45 pm

Oh my. Can't say I'm surprised with the track record but it still shocks me somewhat. All I can say Matthew999 is to start saving ASAP!

I also came across some new info on the 3DS that may clear up some of the features we were hazy on before:

- 3DS allows for custom game soundtracks via MP3 support, but no titles in the works with this feature

- The Nintendo eShop, the ability to transfer Nintendo DSiWare games to Nintendo 3DS and the Internet Browser will all be activated via a worldwide system update which is scheduled for late May.

- The Nintendo 3DS supports WPA and WPA2 Wi-Fi security settings

- Game Coins: We anticipate Play Coins to be used in a variety of different ways in-game—unlocking bonus content is just one example. Play Coins will not be used in the e-Shop.

- not discussing voice chat capabilities, but this should be a feature that will be in future games

- Similar to the way Friend Codes work on Wii, once friend codes are exchanged you see your friend listed by the nickname assigned to their system.

- not talking friend messaging at this time

Not having the eShop or Browser until May is typical Nintendo. They don't always like to unload all the features on us at once. Just like the Virtual Console and WiiWare for Wii which were available much later after launch.
    Back to top Go down
    Matthew999
    Yoshi
    Yoshi
    Matthew999

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:25 am

Yeah I just started saving. Selling my DSi will help cover the cost though. I'll only need to save about $150 at most. And by the time we get red I expect a price drop. One thing is crucial for me though: does the 3DS support the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector?? I'm getting worried now as I haven't heard a single thing about it. (and it works perfectly fine for me. I must be the only person it works for) That's the only way I can connect to the internet as we don't have wireless. As for free Wi-Fi Hotspots they never work with a DS so I expect the 3DS to be more of the same. The only place it worked for me was at Hong Kong International Airport... I'd hate to miss out on the eShop, Internet Browser and special SpotPass things plus online gaming.
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:33 am

Um... how come your DS doesn't work with Wi-Fi hot spots? That is just your system, trust me. Mine has worked every time, every model. Weird!

Also- time to make the jump to a wireless router, Mr. 999. This IS the year 2011. $30 more dollars for a decent wireless router, Triz could prolly find one even cheaper. Wink
    Back to top Go down
    Streex
    Admin
    Streex

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Haven't heard anything either on the compatibility of the USB Connector. My guess is that it will work. Don't quote me on that though. silent
    Back to top Go down
    Antilles
    TJ Combo
    TJ Combo
    Antilles

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Streex wrote:
    My guess is that it will work. Don't quote me on that though. silent

Too late.
    Back to top Go down
    Antilles
    TJ Combo
    TJ Combo
    Antilles

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:47 pm

Darn it all to heck! The internet browser is the best way for me to convince my wife that it's worth her having her own! If it's not working right away, she'll never get one!
    Back to top Go down
    Streex
    Admin
    Streex

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:00 am

There should be some other must have reasons you can muster up. Like taking 3D pictures of poop!
    Back to top Go down
    Matthew999
    Yoshi
    Yoshi
    Matthew999

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:53 am

@ZeldAnTales
    I think its just Australia and their Wi-Fi Hotspots aren't what they describe them to be or they aren't compatible with the DS. As for wireless, it's a bit more expensive than $30 here and apparently we can't get it where I live. Lots of places here don't have wireless as our internet is much more inferior to yours.
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:44 am

My god... you people are barbarians!!!! :3
    We have a spare closet if ya wanna crash in it, Matt. LOL
    Back to top Go down
    Antilles
    TJ Combo
    TJ Combo
    Antilles

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:38 pm

The horrors!
    Back to top Go down
    Triz
    Moogle
    Moogle
    Triz

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Canceled my 3DS preorder today...just not interested in the launch games that have been non-announced Wink

Ill pick it up later once Zelda drops and I cant find a machine in stock anywhere.
    Back to top Go down
    Streex
    Admin
    Streex

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Good luck. If you remember the lines for Wii...they continued 2 years later. You could have just made life easy for me, picked it up and handed it over, but NO!....thanks buddy. tongue

Oh well. I have fun waiting in launch lines. I look back at the Wii wait and have some good memories.

So what non-announced games are you not interested in?
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:14 pm

Kid Icarus is no longer in line up. Only Ninty published titles I know of are Pilot Wings, Nintendogs, and... Steel Driver. Totally shitty.

Still pre-ordered mine and SSF4.
    Back to top Go down
    Antilles
    TJ Combo
    TJ Combo
    Antilles

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Awww. I wasn't terribly excited over it, but is Steel Diver a bad game?

Last edited by Antilles on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:59 pm

Nah, in fact it sounds interesting but... the line-up sucks.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3DS. What are your opinions over it?   3DS. What are your opinions over it? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

3DS. What are your opinions over it?
    Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next